Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP - Picking a Cheap CPAP to start with!
RE: HELP - Picking a Cheap CPAP to start with!
(Putting on Moderator's Hat)

Please be aware that the purchase of prescription only items without a prescription is illegal in the United States. While we may, at time, point someone in the direction of places where such purchase can be made, we do not officially condone this activity.

(tossing Moderator's Hat onto nearby seat)

That said, I encourage you to save up your money and get a cleaned, sanitized, known-to-be-working unit from Supplier #2. They have S9 Autosets for $379. For slightly more you can get a brand new one (599). Their sales page is long but it can be narrowed down by hitting Ctrl and F then entering in the name of the machine. Like "autoset" or "DS560" (Phillips' machine).

You have had sleep apnea for a while. Do not make the mistake of getting a machine that won't work for you or one that is not data capable just because you just got the diagnosis. Sit back. Breathe. Save up some money. Ask about masks. Do your research. Money is tight so don't toss it at the first machine to look at you and wink.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a prescription.

My doctor is the one who suggested these two craigslist items.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2016, 12:22 PM)thcguy12 Wrote: My budget it about $400 including the mask and machine.

I went and looked at all the ones you suggest at that link - they are like $500, $600, $800, sometimes over $1000.

We don't have that kind of money in our budget - we struggle to make our bills and mortgage payments.

Need a cheap option.

For $400 you can currently buy a top of the line Philips Respironics System One Auto CPAP. This machine is fully data capable and can help you to successfully titrate your pressure requirements using it's auto intelligence and full efficacy data. I know you'd need a mask in addition to the machine, but this is worth the cost. This machine is currently being heavily discounted because it is being replace by the Dreamstation series.

You can find them new at Amazon and at Supplier #2 listes as an open box item. Get it!

As far as prescriptions, your doctor told you that you need machine, get the prescription for an auto CPAP, mask and supplies. Explain you're not using insurance. It should cost your nothing extra, and it will make Paula so happy.

Good luck, and we can help you get off to a good start that you will want to stick with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2016, 07:50 PM)thcguy12 Wrote: My doctor is the one who suggested these two craigslist items.

That's fine. The reason the craigslist link was removed was because it violated our commercial links policy which is part of the forum rules.

If you have further questions on the forum rules, please send me a PM (Private Message) and I'd be glad to explain.

Thanks. Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2016, 12:22 PM)thcguy12 Wrote: My budget it about $400 including the mask and machine.

I went and looked at all the ones you suggest at that link - they are like $500, $600, $800, sometimes over $1000.

We don't have that kind of money in our budget - we struggle to make our bills and mortgage payments.

Need a cheap option.

Maybe look into a rental program , or a bank loan with payments you can afford on a monthly bases, I realize a grand is a lot to put out on a tight budget....But your health is also important don't ignore that, but don't waste your monies on cheap equipment either it will cost you more in the long run. it's tough!
Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,190 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  Help picking a new CPAP machine. edyurgal 19 1,915 09-15-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: edyurgal
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 516 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 460 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How should I start sleep2023 8 903 07-03-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: sleep2023

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.