Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP Sleepyhead flipped out
RE: HELP Sleepyhead flipped out
I understand it shows the total events and not the avg. per hour over the whole report...

I have NOT run the RDI setting but once...

RDI = Respiratory Disturbance Index

It seemed to report the same numbers...

Rich

(06-28-2013, 08:27 AM)Bompa Wrote:
(06-28-2013, 02:18 AM)racprops Wrote: Well it was only a short test but so far tonight’s report appears normal.

Rich

Rich, what's the difference between the 2 settings? What does RDI show that normal doesn't?
THX

Post Reply Post Reply
RATS Sleepyhead is still messed up.

Can anyone tell me how to contact Mark??

He needs to see this and hopefully fix it.

Rich

PS Note the upper graphs are showing NO apneas..the lower graphs seem to not track any thing...

[Image: Insane627_zps98855571.jpg]

[Image: Insane627B_zps31fa6703.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

quote [Rich, what's the difference between the 2 settings? What does RDI show that normal doesn't?
THX] quote

[respiratory-effort related arousals (RERAs).[1] RERAs are arousals from sleep that do not technically meet the definitions of apneas or hypopneas, but do disrupt sleep. They are abrupt transitions from a deeper stage of sleep to a shallower.]

RDI = (RERAs + Hypopneas + apneas) X 60 / TST (in minutes). That is, RDI means the average number of episodes of apnea, hypopnea, and respiratory event-related arousal per hour of sleep.[3] (TST is "total sleep time".)

It is possible to have a low AHI but still feel fatigued due to respiratory-effort related arousals (RERAs)....so the RDI gives a much broader indication of the actual amount of sleep you are getting...your RDI # like the AHI # should be as low as possible..preferably <5
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked 4 days and the RDI is the exact same number as the AHI.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2013, 08:30 PM)racprops Wrote: I just checked 4 days and the RDI is the exact same number as the AHI.

Rich

Same here..RERA is at 0.......and since we both have the exact same machine..I assume either diagnosing RERA's or the RDI data is not compatible with our model for some reason?

But on a positive note..I do feel better and my AHI is in the 1-4 range down from 20-60 on the bipap s/t....would be real nice to be able to see and possibly tweak settings to lower or get rid of RERA''s your experiencing too tho.,..Guess it's just not possible to have your cake and eat it too
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply
Well once I created a new profile I got this reading:

[Image: Corrected627report_zpsa451a1ce.jpg]

I thought I had awaken to a farting mask...

This is more like it.

I then found that as I had tried a different SD Card I lost the flow rate graph, so again I created a third profile and then loaded data from the old card and got all my missing graphs.

Thus:

[Image: Corrected627Breport_zps0d22fe88.jpg]

I really missed the flow rate graph, I read some were that it is not retained in the machines memory and only on the SD Card...so if you down load from the machine to a new SD Card you lose some data.

Oh they also suggest doing a backup of your SD Card's data.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Well friends I have a new problem.

Somehow and for some reason I have found myself waking up flat on my back.

I seem to have worked around until I am no longer laying on my back support pillow. And of course my AHIs have gone back up. With only 4:22.39 hours of sleep I am at 6.17 AHI and all of that happened in the last hour. Yesterday’s morning I also had done this trick and woke up flat on my back..it is becoming a trend.

Like our fellow suffers who tears off his/her mask, I am my own worst enemy.

This is my second wake up tonight, but it also is my first night without the pain pill.

First sleep cycle was only a 1:30. Second sleep cycle was 2:51. I have only lower back pain..pretty bad but it clears up a little.

I am going to hold off the pain pill and see how bad or better the rest of the night runs.

From the trenches:

Rich

PS Last night final report: 4.32 out of a total 8:15 sleep. I found my self again flat on my back again...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 05:41 AM)racprops Wrote: I have only lower back pain..pretty bad but it clears up a little.

I am going to hold off the pain pill and see how bad or better the rest of the night runs.

From the trenches:

Rich

I know what you mean about lower back pain. I take 15mg. slow release morphine 3 times a day for pain.

I also go to a pain management clinic and do meditation ( not yoga style) and find it really helps.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.