Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP! Suddenly my charts have changed
Angry 
HELP! Suddenly my charts have changed
Hi fellow PAPers,
After 17 years of APAP, last month on the 20th January my Sleepyhead charts changed dramatically. For years my charts have almost always resembled this one,(chart one) but suddenly, & for no reason I can detect, since Jan20 they are all the same as this one. (chart two)
Although an experienced patient, I am at loss to know what is happening.

I have been able to determine my machine is not at fault, nor is my mask or tube a problem. There's been no recent significant changes in my life - same room, same bed, same house, same wife and same sleep routine.
The worrying thing is, my charts have never indicated OSA or CSA, showing only hypopneas, flow restriction, & sense awake. Usually my pie chart is divided in to three more or less equal portions as in chart 1. Now, as last night chart shows almost all hypops.

I know there are many great, knowledgeable people on this board & I'm sure somebody will be able to read my charts &  give me some help & advice. I just don't know where to turn. The medical profession it appears, is of no help. The way I feel at the moment tells me chart 2 is correct.
I will be very grateful for any assistance.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP! Suddenly my charts have changed
First things first. That graph isn't organized in a way that is going to tell us much. Try organizing your data like this and linking those. That'll let us give you better feedback,

Second, how old is the machine? Is it making any different noises or seeming to run differently?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2017, 07:57 PM)Beej Wrote: First things first. That graph isn't organized in a way that is going to tell us much. Try organizing your data like this and linking those. That'll let us give you better feedback,

Second, how old is the machine? Is it making any different noises or seeming to run differently?
Hi Beej,

Have studied the chart organising instructions but can't see how to improve the presentation of my data. I left off the event flags because there are none in the OA line & the balance is represented by the pie chart. Can you send me an example of what it ought to look like?
My machine is about three years old & is running as it should. Pressure indicator normal, no abnormal sounds, squeaks, growls etc. Have added the stats chart, may be of some help. chart_3
Post Reply Post Reply
We need to see the events, not the pie chart. The timing and pattern are informative.

Take a look at  one of mine, before I started sleeping on my side.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
As Beej is saying, the links in my signature describe how to organize and post the charts. When properly done, it will look like the one below. It helps to see the events and response to pressure as well as other summary data that shows up in the left columns. You are having a higher incidence of hypopnea, and your pressure settings have not changed. Most likely you may need a touch more minimum pressure.

[Image: ERjGHBKh.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2017, 08:56 PM)Beej Wrote: We need to see the events, not the pie chart. The timing and pattern are informative.

Take a look at  one of mine, before I started sleeping on my side.

Ok, have followed your instruction so I hope I did it right. The original links have been changed to the new charts.

chart i     chart 2 - Thanks for your help on this, Beej
Post Reply Post Reply
Woosie - can I move this thread to the Main Forum? 

Unless you want it here in the Advisory Members forum for some reason.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2017, 10:42 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Woosie - can I move this thread to the Main Forum? 

Unless you want it here in the Advisory Members forum for some reason.

Yes, certainly. I placed it here because it doesn't fit in to the usual sort of problems most patients run into, & needs some expert help, in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Woozie, it's pretty obvious your hypopnea events corrolate with increases in pressure. I'm going to suggest you set your pressure at 8.0 fixed, or variable pressure in a narrow range of 8-9. There was some flow limitation at 00:40 that caused a pressure increase leading to a lot of H events. In every instance, hypopnea was associated with increases in pressure. I think trying a fixed pressure will show us if this can be eliminated.

[Image: chart_2.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Deleted by vsheline
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 51 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 248 Yesterday, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 50 1,175 03-16-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 350 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,105 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 245 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 662 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.