Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP: Summertime exposes a big bug in OSCAR
Exclaimation 
HELP: Summertime exposes a big bug in OSCAR
Last night summertime was introduced. 

When I look at the OSCAR data now, all days have a shift of an hour. 
The graph has the right time, but the statistical data has the wrong time. 

I've attached a screen shot. See the three red arrows. The time in the Graph is right. The other two arrows have the wrong time. And this is not only for new days, it over night changed for all historical days. 

I've tried changing the timezone and DST zone in the profile, but that changed nothing. 

Please help me fix this.

(P.s. I have a Resmed Airsense 11)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP: Summertime exposes a big bug in OSCAR
I have an AirSense 10 and I reset the time on the machine. I think your AirSense 11 is using one time and your computer is on DST.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply, but this has nothing to do with the Resmed time, since the data was already in OSCAR and the time was correct! Until this morning, when the time of all the old data is also skewed.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears your pulse oximeter time is out of sync with the AirSense.  The start time reported in the statistics is likely the start time from your pulse oximeter.  I'd make sure they're both synchronized and see if that resolves the discrepancy.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a user on this board named Gideon. He also a lead tester of Oscar. You may want to PM him so he see's your issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR should be reporting the times that the machine reports. Most AS11 machines have been set to local standard time, and do not change for 'summer/daylight saving time'. On that basis, the two times reported as 22:20 are correct and the time reported as 23:20 is using the computer's offset, which changed when the local time offset changed. My thought is that the time offset calculations in the graphing library are using the computers local offset, rather than the local standard time offset.The resmed importer does use the standard time offset.
I will have to verify that beffore we make any changes.
OSCAR inherited the time zone and DST entry fields, but hey are never used as yet.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirSense 11 is set to GMT+1

But i'd like to point out again that the old data was correctly in RESMED, with al correct times (I looked at it every day in OSCAR, and synced the offset even when it shifted a few seconds, because Resmeds clock shifts every day ever so slightly). Now, after summertime, all of a sudden all old DATA too has a shift of an hour in OSCAR.

The correct time is 23:22, and not the 22:22 reported in the statistics of RESMED. And RESMED displayed the correct times (both Graph and statistics), until this night. Now, after summer time, it doesn't any more. I assume RESMED never changed anything in the old data, so it just interprets the statistical time wrongly. It doesn't compensate for DST probably. Why it does show the graph correctly I don't know.

By the way, it has also nothing to do with the shown Oximeter data (that is out of sync now too), because it was all in synch until this night. And that problem is introduced by the bug in OSCAR as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2023, 07:04 AM)pholynyk Wrote: OSCAR should be reporting the times that the machine reports. Most AS11 machines have been set to local standard time, and do not change for 'summer/daylight saving time'. On that basis, the two times reported as 22:20 are correct and the time reported as 23:20 is using the computer's offset, which changed when the local time offset changed. My thought is that the time offset calculations in the graphing library are using the computers local offset, rather than the local standard time offset.The resmed importer does use the standard time offset.
I will have to verify that beffore we make any changes.
OSCAR inherited the time zone and DST entry fields, but hey are never used as yet.

Thanks pholynynk. Have you seen my post from yesterday? This is definitely a bug (I’m a developer myself). I hope it gets fixed soon, because it makes using OSCAR a little disaster at the moment. I’ve heard from multiple people in The Netherlands (where I’m from) that they have the same issue (also with the airsense 10). And since resmed is probably the most used device, it’s probably important to fix this.
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated above it is the AS11 that is using the time zone from initial setup. I just picked up mine last week and just realized that I should have set my time zone as GMT-4 (I put -5) and my times are behind. Within the MyAir app it will reflect correctly as it see the time zone you set there but for recording data into the SD card it doesn't update and will only stick to the time zone from the machine side.

I think the only way to correct this now would be:
1. Need to erase patient data (it gives warning stating you cannot change the TZ with patient data loaded)
2. Go into clinical menu and update TZ
3. Continue on with treatment

This is no different than in the older models but it gives you grief and you cannot just simply change the time like on the previous models without the data being lost I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m afraid we might not understand each other. One last try: old data, that was displayed perfectly fine in OSCAR, is now also displayed incorrectly in OSCAR because it became summertime. That’s the biggest issue (forget for a minute the new data). Even if it could be fixed temporarily by reimporting all old data, all other data would be gone too (devices like Dreem EEG headband, Oximeter etc). That is no real fix. This needs te be correctly handled in OSCAR.

(P.s. I see now that I’ve mentioned the term RESMED multiple times (msg #7) where I should have said OSCAR. So I’ve been greatly responsible for the confusion.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP and PpO2 data out of sync because of summertime NoRestForWicked 10 2,469 03-28-2018, 01:51 PM
Last Post: NoRestForWicked

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.