Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP reading Sleepyhead
HELP reading Sleepyhead
History repeats:

Please tell me what all this means and if I am seeing what I think is a major improvement:

[Image: 430report_zps9e75fd61.jpg]

Thanks.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP reading Sleepyhead
Dang dang dang Lost ground..

Last night I tried to return to sleeping in my own bed. Not good.

The previous two nights were done in my recliner which I got into the habit of sleeping in after my heart surgery.

[Image: Report30_zpsd07d1170.jpg]

It is now 5;00 and I will switch back to the recliner and see what happens for the last few hours of sleep.

Rich

PS did not sleep long enough to get things working.

Tonight it is back to the recliner.

I fear I will need a hospital bed??!
Post Reply Post Reply
Where did all the help GO?
I am not complaining..well not much, BUT when I first joined I was getting lots of help and support, now I cannot flag down a cab.

I have a couple of new threads running with deeper questions and really need help understanding things and I am not getting any answers/help.

I keep waking up and ripping off my mask as I feel suffocated...

I really need help reading the reports of sleepyhead and help fixing this.

What’s up??

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where did all the help GO??
I keep waking up and ripping off my mask as I feel suffocated...

Happens to me a few times a lot of the times it was the hose getting caught and i just panicked

now i just hang it above the headboard on a hook

i see your using the Philips Respironics FitLife i could see how that would make you feel like you feel

Try the mirage-liberty lower profile on the Face

there are
lower profile masks out there
keep looking and good luck with the treatment
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2013, 09:52 AM)racprops Wrote: What’s up??

I'm not sure what you're asking, Rich.

It seems you need help interpreting your data? And you took your mask off?

First of all, you have to collect data over a period of at least a week for it to be of any help in answering any of the questions you're asking. The data that is meaningful at this point is your leak rate. It's hard to tell from looking at your screen shots if your leak rate is under control. If you're not sure tell us what your leak rate is and we'll see if we can interpret it. SleepyHead may have problems determining accurate unintentional leak rates for your machine so it's probably best if you look at your total leak rate. You can also get EncoreBasic as that should determine your unintentional leak rate accurately.

The issue of mask removal does occur for some people. The best advice I can give you is to wear the mask when you're not sleeping so you can get acclimated to it.

Lots of people have given you lots of advice on these issues. When I go back and look at the responses to your messages I see a lot of it.

When we're sleep-deprived and overwhelmed by the complexities of CPAP therapy it's very stressful.

Try to concentrate on what's going on in your life while you're awake. After all, the only reason we sleep is so that we can enjoy the life we have when we're awake. Our bodies have an amazing capacity to adapt so we have to give ourselves time to adapt to things like CPAP therapy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, it appears to me that you're getting into very technical and complicated areas of ASV treatment and the issues you've raised are beyond the knowledge level of most sleep apnea forum participants. It's not that your questions are being ignored, but rather many folks, including me, don't know enough about ASV adjustments to offer any sound advice.

Unless we get a member here who is an expert in ASV adjustments, you're likely to get the silence that you've experienced lately. The first questions during your first month of membership here were simple, but these latest issues you're having are much more complex.

Also, your question of "tell me what all this data means" was not very specific. I read that question and couldn't figure out what you were asking. If you want people to respond, your questions need to be more specific in nature. Just a suggestion.

Also, as the weather gets nicer outside, many of our regulars are out enjoying the great outdoors. Happens this time of year in the spring - the forum here gets rather slow. Stay tuned, it will pick up once air conditioner season comes, when folks come back inside to escape the heat and humidity.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, I merged your SleepyHead thread along with the "where did the help go" thread.

Starting numerous threads on the same issues doesn't help folks to help you. I've already merged four of your threads together as it's better to keep your information on this subject in one or two threads so folks can read through it to provide better assistance to you. Scattering your posts all throughout the forum makes your issues more confusing, in other words.

Thanks.

Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, many people have had issues with the accuracy of the Sleepyhead reports lately - sometimes doubles up the sessions and gives higher than actual numbers. Is there another software package that works with your machine? If so, I would at least try it and compare the results to Sleepyhead.

(05-01-2013, 07:16 AM)racprops Wrote: Dang dang dang Lost ground..

Last night I tried to return to sleeping in my own bed. Not good.

The previous two nights were done in my recliner which I got into the habit of sleeping in after my heart surgery.

[Image: Report30_zpsd07d1170.jpg]

It is now 5;00 and I will switch back to the recliner and see what happens for the last few hours of sleep.

Rich

PS did not sleep long enough to get things working.

Tonight it is back to the recliner.

I fear I will need a hospital bed??!

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2013, 11:38 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Also, as the weather gets nicer outside, many of our regulars are out enjoying the great outdoors. Happens this time of year in the spring - the forum here gets rather slow. Stay tuned, it will pick up once air conditioner season comes, when folks come back inside to escape the heat and humidity.

That may happen in most places, but not around here. We have nice weather for about 8 months, a season we call not summer, followed by 4 months of inferno weather. Too-funny
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Same here in Phoenix AZ.

Rich

(05-04-2013, 05:32 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-04-2013, 11:38 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Also, as the weather gets nicer outside, many of our regulars are out enjoying the great outdoors. Happens this time of year in the spring - the forum here gets rather slow. Stay tuned, it will pick up once air conditioner season comes, when folks come back inside to escape the heat and humidity.

That may happen in most places, but not around here. We have nice weather for about 8 months, a season we call not summer, followed by 4 months of inferno weather. Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 992 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 239 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 669 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Low Tidal Volume reading rhwoe 8 741 12-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rhwoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.