Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HME for humidifier
HME for humidifier
The hme for the Z1 has been mentioned as a humidifier replacement for any CPAP when trying to go power lite (not recommended for those with settings under 7 according to the description I saw).

Who has tried these out - what did you think of them, and what are your preferred humidifier settings? I usually have the heat on my unit cranked to the top as I hate cold air blowing on me ... A dried out humidifier results in a vicious headache and sinuses that take a couple days to heal, so I need to understand my options well Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HME for humidifier
I use the HME's with my Z1 4 out of 7 nights most weeks because I'm on the road. They last anywhere from 7 to 14 days. I am the type that if I don't have humidification I wake up in the middle of the night dry and very uncomfortable. At home with my PRS1 w/heated hose I use the highest setting for humidification.

The HME's keep my from drying out but they certainly don't have the same comfort level as heated hose hose humidification. They get better once they heat up with your breath.

I tried traveling my my F&P 150 but that was so bulky that I might as well had brought my PRS1 so I stopped.

I'm heading out tomorrow and I'm bringing my Z1 Auto and HME's. I usually keep 2 new ones in my bag or one new one and one used one. When I'm not actually sleeping and using them I store them in a zip lock bag during the day.

All I can say is that they work for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the HME option for the Transcend. It's not nearly as good as proper heated humidification.

One thing to consider. Check into the filter medium for the HME the Z-1 is using. Some HME medium can be "pre-loaded" with a little sterile saline. I use a little squirt from my NeilMed nasal irrigation spray. The HME for the Transcend can be "pre-loaded" I don't know about the Z-1.

It's amazing what you can learn going to a sleep medicine trade show.....learned this at Focus in Orlando last summer.
(Just a truck driver with sleep apnea )
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2015, 03:21 AM)truckerdad57 Wrote: I've used the HME option for the Transcend. It's not nearly as good as proper heated humidification.

One thing to consider. Check into the filter medium for the HME the Z-1 is using. Some HME medium can be "pre-loaded" with a little sterile saline. I use a little squirt from my NeilMed nasal irrigation spray. The HME for the Transcend can be "pre-loaded" I don't know about the Z-1.

It's amazing what you can learn going to a sleep medicine trade show.....learned this at Focus in Orlando last summer.
The Z1 HME is dry. The foam is coated with a hygroscopic chemical and I I think any added moisture in there like the saline solution will cause it to deteriorate quicker. It is also recommended to store it in a plastic bag when not actually in use to prolong life.

I think that the advantage of the Z1 HME is that it can be used with just about any mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 785 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.