Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HMG7450 - Therapy Thread and questions
RE: Oscar - need help installing and questions
The key is in the data.

OSCAR does not tell you that you have Severe Apnea, it only tells you what your AHI is. It reports the index that ResMed uses in their algorithms to indicate the extent of your flow limitations. That value is both charted and displayed in the statistics. Flow limits are the basis for both RERAS and UARS and we have found that a value of 0.10 for the 95% value indicates that your flow limits and thus your UARS is under control. Additional info may be gleaned by viewing the charts on a breath by breath basis.

It's all in the data
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar - need help installing and questions
See first post - I have Upper Airway Resistance syndrome.  Using autopap Airsense 11. I was using a Fisher Paykel Eson 2.  So far using this my laryngopharyngeal reflux went away, nighttime urination stopped and my nasal breathing went from swollen turbinates to breathing easily through nose due to humidifier.  The only problem is I can only sleep about 5 hours with this then I am wide awake and feel like my head is a brick the next day and like I haven’t slept. I’m barely functional.  Could it be the dense filter on the Eson 2 not letting all my co2 out? My average pressure is 7.2.  What could be causing this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HMG7450 - Therapy Thread and questions
RE: HMG7450,
I moved this thread from the Software Support forum (as your questions did not reflect a software problem) here to the Main Forum. Also changed the Thread Title slightly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@HMG7450

The experts here will be able to assess your night-time breathing patterns and offer helpful solutions IF you post the requested OSCAR screenshots and your sleep study (redact any personal identifiers).
OSCAR includes much more detailed information (second by second) than the resmed app and the experts know how to interpret that data. 

They can't answer many of your questions without seeing the data. 

They can help, if you help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very bad at tech.  I’m going to put the SD card from my Autosense 11 into my Mac probook todsy.  If Oscar doesn’t start up (I installed it) is there an email or phone number I can call for guidance on how to get the charts, then put them on this board for review? Second - I have Upper Airwsy Resustance syndrome and I still feel awful every morning after using Autopap.  Sometimes I can only wear it for a couple hours then I have to take it off. I’ve tried tons of masks and just can’t tolerate them. The Eson 2 seemed great but the plastic attachment coming out from the nose area rotates during the night, making noise and waking me up. Pillows dry out my nose. My turbinates swell at night.  (Even though I’ve tried steroids etc).  Many nasal masks blow air straight out the nasal cup right at my covers or bed partner waking me up. The cradle sort of drys out my nose - not as bad as pillows causing my turbinates to swell. What are some ideas of masks for a Very sensitive person?Ive given Autopap a for long periods but I just feel terrible still. This period I’ve been on it about a month. The only way I can sleep through the night is if I take an Ambien.  Third, my laryngopharyngeal (unexplained) stops when I use Cpap.  When I take it off because I can’t tolerate it through the night- the acid comes up all the way to my ears (I’ve seen EnT). Because Cpap is stopping the reflux- does this mean that I did indeed have sleep disordered breathing (see my first post) OR is it that the Cpap would stop reflux in anyone because it creates kind of an air seal?? Thank you so much for helping me.  
(My drs aren’t much help and the respiratory therapists never know the answers to my questions).
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you see the OSCAR icon on your computer?

You have to double click the icon to open the program. 
Then put the SD card in your computer and click on the import icon.
Let it import and the click on the Daily for your graphs/data.

The reflux isn't necessarily disordered breathing.

Try a full face or hybrid mask. I like the F&P Evora but not everyone does.

Ambien causes sedation. 
Sedation does not mean quality sleep.

Have you read some of the wiki articles? Specifically about OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally found a mask after trying almost all of them that I can tolerate- Eson 2. Problem is the elbow swivels and makes noise swiveling all night because I toss and turn and that wakes me up.  Is there Any way to stop this elbow from swiveling and making this noise? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your tossing and turning could be caused from discomfort. How old is your mattress?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Eson 2 has the 360 degree elbow which is designed to move with you as you change sleeping positions.

I suppose you could remove the elbow if it makes noise, but then it won't move freely with you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a brand new Sleep number. If I remove the elbow there is nothing to attach the hose too.  When I move the Eson 2 elbow squeaks.  How do I get it to stop squeaking and making noise?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.