Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HOSE MOISTURE
HOSE MOISTURE
I rinse my hose daily. I have notices that even having hung for 12+ there are still small drops of water in the hose. I live in Inland SoCal and the humidity is low where I live. Should I run the CPAP to finish drying the hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HOSE MOISTURE
big1dog, do you hang it up after you wash it to let the water run down, also I give mine a quick blow before I put it on, I do even the days I don't wash it as sometimes some stale air can come out first.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could run the machine to finish drying or get some spares
Washing daily is not necessary, once a week is okay, I,m not saying how often wash mine
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi big1dog,
It won't hurt at all to run your machine a bit to finish drying out your hose.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Everyone...
Post Reply Post Reply
Another member has had good success twirling the hose around over their head to force the water out for a quick dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 03:50 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Another member has had good success twirling the hose around over their head to force the water out for a quick dry.

Detach machine first.
Post Reply Post Reply
When the machine is run with no one attached to it, it does not count toward your compliance hours and it won't mess up your data.

But if you are about to hook yourself to it and run the humidifier, drying it isn't necessary. (seems kinda redundant and a waste of energy to me) If you do not use the humidifier, washing it daily isn't necessary. Once a week or so is all it needs.

(04-09-2014, 06:33 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 03:50 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Another member has had good success twirling the hose around over their head to force the water out for a quick dry.

Detach machine first.

Dang. I was about to go try that. Ruin my fun!

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 06:33 PM)retired_guy Wrote:

Detach machine first.

This forum needs a "Like" button!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 357 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.