Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HOW MANY TYPES OF MASKS?
(10-29-2015, 10:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(10-24-2015, 08:25 PM)DWaldman Wrote: As I start on this journey, I am getting the idea that one mask is not the end all for all conditions.

You may eventually settle on a favorite, but even then masks keep going out of production and some really good new ones seem to be coming in, especially lately.

But anyway, see Supplier #1 on supplier list. They have a well laid-out website where you can look at masks to your heart's content.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

And.... they offer return insurance that is cheap or free, so if you try a mask that doesn't work out you aren't stuck with it.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
My collection has almost as big a variety as Supplier #1 and I am still looking for the perfect mask. Almost every one I have has some great features and and some not so great features.
My current favorites include the SleepWeaver Élan and the Wisp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly DWaldman, everybody is different. I absolutely refused to have anything to do with a face mask. Fortunately, I am not a mouth breather. So, I alternate between nasal pillows and a cloth nasal mask. The nasal pillows don't quite fit me right, so my nose eventually gets sore, so then I switch to the cloth nasal mask for a few nights. The cloth nasal mask is GREAT, but it is also louder than my nasal pillows, hence nightly use just isn't a goal for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

I don't have a lot of masks. I find one I like and I stick to it. I used nasal pillows for years and years until I started lip leaking then had to switch to a full face mask. After finding one that worked for me, that's what I use. I'm the sort that if a mask is causing soreness, I don't use it. So the idea that folks switch between masks because of sores or tenderness, I couldn't do that. No mask, to me, has any benefit worth more than my comfort.

That said, for the first time, I am considering having two masks. I recently went through a cold with my full face mask and was very disappointed. Usually, with my nasal pillows, I slept great! I slept with a clear nose and woke refreshed. Not with the FFM. I woke up several times a night with a dried out mouth because it was hanging open due to my nose being clogged up worse. I was wanting to get a nasal pillow mask as backup anyway but was waiting until I had a good reason. Now I do!
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Different pressures for different masks? pollyottis 2 112 07-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Last Post: pollyottis
  Types of therapy jallain 2 142 06-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Last Post: jallain
  Abnormal results with different masks? Drucifer 8 279 06-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
Question A10 Apnea Recoring Between P10 and Dreamwear Masks sonicboom 4 215 06-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  different masks dramatically change AHI scores papmeistergeneral 8 401 06-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Best Online sites to order masks sleepytimegal 8 465 05-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: CrazyDreamer
  Dreamstation and Resmed masks (+12v plug) tango 7 368 05-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: pupcamper