SaldusMiegas Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P-10, F&P Simplus
Humidifier: integrated
CPAP Pressure: Rx:14, Set:Auto 8.0-15.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Woot! P-10 pillows plus Ruby chinstrap for side-sleeping mouth breathers

Sex: Male

RE: HOW MANY TYPES OF MASKS?
(10-29-2015 10:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(10-24-2015 08:25 PM)DWaldman Wrote:  As I start on this journey, I am getting the idea that one mask is not the end all for all conditions.

You may eventually settle on a favorite, but even then masks keep going out of production and some really good new ones seem to be coming in, especially lately.

But anyway, see Supplier #1 on supplier list. They have a well laid-out website where you can look at masks to your heart's content.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List

And.... they offer return insurance that is cheap or free, so if you try a mask that doesn't work out you aren't stuck with it.

Saldus Miegas
10-30-2015 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
bwexler Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS 1 BiPAP autoSV Advanced, with Heated Tube humidifier
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Sleepweaver √Član
Humidifier: Resperonics Heated Tube humidifier
CPAP Pressure: Max pressure 25.0 cm H20, Max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: CMS 50i with Software for SpO2

Sex: Male

My collection has almost as big a variety as Supplier #1 and I am still looking for the perfect mask. Almost every one I have has some great features and and some not so great features.
My current favorites include the SleepWeaver √Član and the Wisp.
10-30-2015 05:00 PM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

Honestly DWaldman, everybody is different. I absolutely refused to have anything to do with a face mask. Fortunately, I am not a mouth breather. So, I alternate between nasal pillows and a cloth nasal mask. The nasal pillows don't quite fit me right, so my nose eventually gets sore, so then I switch to the cloth nasal mask for a few nights. The cloth nasal mask is GREAT, but it is also louder than my nasal pillows, hence nightly use just isn't a goal for me.
10-31-2015 11:58 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I don't have a lot of masks. I find one I like and I stick to it. I used nasal pillows for years and years until I started lip leaking then had to switch to a full face mask. After finding one that worked for me, that's what I use. I'm the sort that if a mask is causing soreness, I don't use it. So the idea that folks switch between masks because of sores or tenderness, I couldn't do that. No mask, to me, has any benefit worth more than my comfort.

That said, for the first time, I am considering having two masks. I recently went through a cold with my full face mask and was very disappointed. Usually, with my nasal pillows, I slept great! I slept with a clear nose and woke refreshed. Not with the FFM. I woke up several times a night with a dried out mouth because it was hanging open due to my nose being clogged up worse. I was wanting to get a nasal pillow mask as backup anyway but was waiting until I had a good reason. Now I do!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-01-2015 11:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 25 3,122 12-08-2016 07:09 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Smile [News] CUSTOM 3-D PRINTED MASKS srlevine1 2 284 11-17-2016 10:29 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks? terp1984 14 4,731 10-27-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: outdoor
  Question on masks that will handle higher pressures like 27 nanook683 13 921 09-21-2016 07:14 AM
Last Post: nanook683
  [Equipment] Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks? mj1127 2 323 09-17-2016 10:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Pilairo Q Pillow masks Zocane 7 438 09-12-2016 04:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Money Medicare changed coverage for ResMed masks Wildfire 8 891 09-02-2016 01:36 PM
Last Post: pavel