Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HP printer problems
RE: HP printer problems
I was really lucky when I purchased my printer as it was on 'sale' for $39 USD plus free shipping. So far it is working well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(08-05-2018, 05:24 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 09:14 PM)spameggsandspam Wrote: I had so many problems with an HP printer recently that I threw it down the trash chute without hesitation. I felt a burst of joy in the action.

Believe me I UNDERSTAND your elation.  I will be doing the same thing here shortly.

Back in the days before laptops, I can't even count the number of times i wanted to throw the whole computer with all accessories out the window.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I have thrown multi-function machines into trash before, but have refined my approach and turn them in for recycle now.t I have a Brother MFC 9560 color laser multi function machine waiting to go to recycle now. It is replaced with a Canon Maxify MB5420 which replaced it. Technology moves on. The old printer developed print artifacts I could not repair and replacement parts, even cartridges exceeded the value of the machine. The new Canon has the lowest cost per page color printing in its class and is a very fast single pass duplex scanning and copying capability (no jams). It works with smartphones and computers without any elaborate setup. Not the cheapest machine on the market at $160, but considering capability and cost per page not bad. No page counter limit on cartridge life. Prices get cheaper and manufacturers are looking for ways to make some profits. To me, this price-point makes the devices disposable in the event of any failure.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first set of toner carts from my HP laser have cost me more than twice of what I paid for the machine.

On the other hand, my HP all-in-one gives me a very decent cartridge life. Oh, and it has been behaving it self quite nicely after I threatened to replace it with a Brother. 

One thing I did find is that when I removed the printers from my Mac, it worked better if I installed the laser first and then the all-in-one.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations Needed on a Printer Purchase Sleepster 2 494 01-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The answer to your Computer / Software problems SuperSleeper 15 2,264 04-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [News] Doctors use 3-D printer to custom-design implant for baby ApneaNews 7 3,000 05-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Last Post: DocWils

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.