Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HSA to cover Cpap purchase in Canada
Question 
HSA to cover Cpap purchase in Canada
I was about to buy a CPAP- Airsense Autoset 10.  I found a place in Canada that has a decent price and they do not require a prescription ( even though I have one).  However,  I was wondering if I purchase it Canada whether I can still get reimbursed from my HSA account.  I tried to use the HSA debit card and was having a problem and this made me wonder it there might be a problem with getting it form Canada without a prescription. Would this be an issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HSA to cover Cpap purchase in Canada
Not sure why it would be a problem. Worst case, IRS audits you and wants to see the receipt to verify it's a covered expense...and CPAPs are. But I'm not a tax lawyer.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is my understanding that all Canadian CPAP retailers/etailers require a prescription for a CPAP or APAP machine only. No prescription required for other stuff like masks, etc

Can you PM your source? I don't have a prescription yet....my sleep clinic/DME wouldn't give me one. Not sure to buy new or a used one like the DS550 as my backup/travel. Thanks.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
That is my understanding as well. I had to produce a prescription for my machine I bought online from a Canadian supplier.
Is the supplier recommended by someone?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2018, 09:33 PM)Mogy Wrote: That is my understanding as well. I had to produce a prescription for my machine I bought online from a Canadian supplier.
Is the supplier recommended by someone?

I think that the supplier is number 32 on the Supplier List. I found that this supplier didn't require a prescription until after I hadordered an APAP from another Canadian online supplier.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
To the best of my knowledge, all Canadian suppliers should require a prescription for a CPAP machine; none should require a prescription for a mask or parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 09:39 PM)pholynyk Wrote: To the best of my knowledge, all Canadian suppliers should require a prescription for a CPAP machine; none should require a prescription for a mask or parts.

Go to the Supplier #32 website and check their FAQ webpage. 
They only require a prescription if one wants them to set up the machine. Weird IMO. Every other Canadian online company that I am familar with requires a prescription when buying a CPAP/APAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,525 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  [CPAP] Considering Second CPAP Purchase Lfmichel 11 1,049 10-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Irod
  Bleep Eclipse Canada? Dolfan 1 834 09-16-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: barney999
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.