Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HYPOPNEA [and EPR]
RE: HYPOPNEA [and EPR]
https://imgur.com/a/OcKcz

After playing with the numbers this is the best night I ever had. My upper pressure seems to be riding on 12, should I raise it?

Also every morning my right eye is puffed up both over and under it. It does go down after about a hour but what is causing this?

I sleep 90% of the time on my right side.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a history of CA. Raising pressure tends to increase CA with CPAP machines.
You can bump up a little but with the expectation you may need to reduce it back to here. No more than .4 cmH2O at a time with several days between changes. Keep an eye on your CA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2017, 07:54 AM)bonjour Wrote: You have a history of CA.  Raising pressure tends to increase CA with CPAP machines.  
You can bump up a little but with the expectation you may need to reduce it back to here.  No more than .4 cmH2O at a time with several days between changes.  Keep an eye on your CA events.

ok thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
On charts, I'd like to see the flow limit chart in place of minute vent.

Nice progress Jerry!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2017, 08:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: On charts, I'd like to see the flow limit chart in place of minute vent.  

Nice progress Jerry!

https://imgur.com/a/7Tbbj
Post Reply Post Reply
That FL is the pressure driver for the Autoset and the reason you stay pegged near whatever maximum pressure you set. I think it is going to be there at any tolerable pressure, and this is the source of the hypopnea. I think you can go up in pressure in small increments, and it's nice not to see any significant apnea here, but keep in mind that whatever you set maximum pressure at will essentially become a fixed pressure due to this FL.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I will raise a little, what do you guys think of a straight number like 11 or 12?
Post Reply Post Reply
https://imgur.com/a/EexQ0

any suggestions for better numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
Raised my EPR from 1 to 2 with my pressure at 11.4-14.4. and had one my best nights in 4 months. Can anybody explain why raising EPR would give me a good night?

AHI was 3 with 1.5 centrals and no obstructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: epr
Just one of those nights. Track it for a week.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,149 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Hypopnea - Resmed scoring Opus1 22 1,112 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Opus1
  3% vs 4% Hypopnea Scoring gohoos1998 7 1,045 10-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Symptoms] Rolling "flutter" sensation on apnea/hypopnea, falling asleep ewriter 0 355 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: ewriter
  What Makes This Period of Time an Hypopnea Event? Trevor G 1 414 07-23-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  AHI versus "mean apnea–hypopnea duration" (MAD) Henrikc 1 527 03-13-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  CPAP treatment for Hypopnea and Clear Airway silvermangb 3 1,441 10-02-2022, 03:41 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.