Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hacking ResScan Report Data
RE: Hacking ResScan Report Data
They could have worn the CPAP during the infidelity, so I'm not sure how much proof the data is one way or the other, except to discredit the observer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't read all the answers above because the answer is likely simple (or impossible):

Put a new blank SDCard in the machine, let if format. Pull the card and read the data from the card for compliance and basic values (no detail.)

If the engineer only modifies the data on the card which is just a shade more than trivial (you would need to do something like read the SleepyHead code to learn the data formats and perhaps grab modules to perform the updates to the card data) then the machine should show the original unmodified data.

If the engineer was so determined as to have found a way to rewrite the data in the machine, just accept it, he worked REALLY HARD for that. Smile
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2014, 02:48 PM)tcarmen Wrote: OK, there's an incentive then.

* Get the machine
* Export the data.
* See if it matches the report.

It's easy enough to fake the report, it's harder to fake the card data, but as far as I know, nobody but the manufacturer can fake the data that's actually in the machine.

I agree.

1) The person in question would have to consent to have another download done.

2) They would bring in their machine to where the download is to be done (without a card in it).

3) Whoever is doing the download puts in a different card to download the data on.

4) Compare the results
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2014, 11:17 AM)GDFdoctor Wrote: ResScan user has submitted a report from equipment or SD card as "alibi" proving person was asleep with CPAP running during the date and time of an incident being investigated.

The user is an accomplished software designer and hack so am suspicious of the report.

Please tell me how person could have manipulated data to change the date(s) and times on a report.

Thanks.

What? Am I on a different planet here? My gosh! All these responses... the patient is the last person that entered my mind. The wrong question is being asked. The questions that should be asked right from the get-go are:
1. Is the patient using a ResMed S9 AutoSet?
2. Is the patient dealing with a Medicare contractor as his DME?

If 1 and 2 above, then this is just the latest ploy by the Medicare contractors who are trying to avoid "very precisely written D.A.W. (dispense as written) prescriptions". Next, I would like to know if that person's Medicare contractor is the same one that I have and then, that would mean that I might (probably) have this to look forward to myself as they have tried everything imaginable up to this point.
If not 1 and 2 above, then ask the question you asked above.
In my opinion, the patient is the last person to suspect. Why?
A. Medicare contractors want the most profit per patient.
B. They get the least with the ResMed S9 AutoSet
C. People are innocent until proven guilty.
D. It's just too darned easy to use an xPAP for four hours or more for 21 nights out of 30. Are you kidding me!!!????
Please, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here, Doc. I have two Medicare contractors for two different things and Oh, the stories I could tell you. Richard
P.S. At the bottom of his initial paper-work, in the fine print, it says that they can demand the full payment on everything sent. In other words (and I'm no lawyer) they can default him, demand the full price or demand that he send it all back, in which case they'll just re-sell it as a "refurb".
Additional that may not be widely known. This anti - ResMed S9 AutoSet with Medicare contractors went to a whole new level last year.
1.On July 1st, 2013, ResMed raised their prices.
2. The CBA Competitive Bidding Awards for Area #2 took place July 15, 2013
3. All these contactors knowing both of the above went ahead and signed the contracts anyway with the Federal government (Medicare), however, they are really squirming about it and trying every tactic (I could write a book)(and I'm just a schmuck)(patient).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2014, 02:22 PM)GDFdoctor Wrote: The patient is accused of having a third party in bed/bedroom the night of the data in question. An observer saw that no CPAP was in use and that infidelity was occurring. Patient denies infidelity or that anyone else was in the bed/bedroom; asserts that observer is mentally deranged. This report is the "proof" submitted for the divorce proceedings. Yes, there is a money issue as well as grounds for divorce.

(06-07-2014, 01:56 PM)Richard-KW Wrote: What? Am I on a different planet here? My gosh! All these responses... the patient is the last person that entered my mind. The wrong question is being asked. The questions that should be asked right from the get-go are:
1. Is the patient using a ResMed S9 AutoSet?
2. Is the patient dealing with a Medicare contractor as his DME?

Ummm, yes, sadly Richard I fear you may indeed be on the wrong planet. But that's ok, we have people here from lots of different places. I'm not one of them of course. I'm from the same place.

But in any case, I don't think the thread has anything to do with Medicare, DME's or such, and it really doesn't matter all that much what brand of machine the "patient," aka "screwie" is using.

Post Reply Post Reply
My friends in Portland tell me that Oregon really is a different planet.

I am a bit taken aback by this thread. Not that the OP question has really been answered; but, how do we know that by giving a good answer, that one is not abetting a possible attempt to alter data for less than honorable purposes???

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 02:09 PM)justMongo Wrote: My friends in Portland tell me that Oregon really is a different planet.

I am a bit taken aback by this thread. Not that the OP question has really been answered; but, how do we know that by giving a good answer, that one is not abetting a possible attempt to alter data for less than honorable purposes???

........because were that the case, the screwie would actually be the screwor. And that just wound't be right.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 07:17 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ........because were that the case, the screwie would actually be the screwor. And that just wound't be right.

My point exactly.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 02:09 PM)justMongo Wrote: how do we know that by giving a good answer, that one is not abetting a possible attempt to alter data for less than honorable purposes???

No information has been given on how to alter data; only on how to tell if it's been altered.

It's more like telling someone how to know if a check has been altered, than telling them how to alter a check.

There's a big difference.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.