Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] SH Data Interpretation Advice Needed Pls
Brick 
SH Data Interpretation Advice Needed Pls
Hi, I'm new to the forum having being diagnosed with OSA about a month ago and receiving my DreamStation on 27th Jan.  After 10 nights I had my first recall and my PR Wisp mask was changed for a PR Dreamwear which I am very happy with.  My starting pressure was pushed from 4.5 up to 5 and I have stopped the 'gasping for air' issues I was having during the ramp phase.  

I'm female, 52 overweight and on the slow NHS bariatric pathway hoping for surgery at some point.  In the meantime here I am importing data into Sleepyhead and playing with chart sizes ready to ask for assistance.

These are my 'best' two nights in terms of I have woken up feeling more refreshed and alert than I have for a couple of years, so I thought I would post them as ask for an interpretation.  What is happening during the night, are my CA, OA, H's too high?  How can I improve each ?  

[Image: BLuh6GSl.png]

[Image: kDz5SfSl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SH Data Interpretation Advice Needed Pls
Your minimum setting of 5 cm pressure may be insufficient for you. Some folks find they feel like they can't get enough air at a setting of 5.
You seem to stay below a maximum pressure of 10 cm. To me that suggests a maximum of 15 could be lowered to 10.

If you sleep on your back, sleeping on your side might reduce some of the obstructive hypopneas and apneas.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day FancyPants.

An AHI under 5 is regarded as "treated" but most of us feel better if we can get it down closer to zero. (Regularly achieving zero is not a realistic target, however).

In your case you are achieving "treated" results, but still with quite a few hypopneas. I'd be inclined to bump your minimum pressure up to 6 and see how that goes. The Philips machines take a fairly conservative approach to increasing pressure, so if your starting pressure is too low a lot of events can occur before the pressure gets up to therapeutic levels. Starting with a higher minimum allows the machine to effectively respond faster, and should also reduce any precursor events such as snoring or flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading your advice guys I am changing my machine to start at 6 to try and reduce the hypopnea count which in turn should reduce my AHI.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FancyPants,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 6 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 174 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,526 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.