Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hacking second hand machine for stats
Hacking second hand machine for stats
Here's my story. I used CPAP for several years until my machine broke down. Unfortunately, when I went to get a new machine they said I needed a new prescription. Also unfortunately, my sleep doctor had moved to another state. So, I had a whole new sleep study. The folks who administered the study said I would need to spend $2000 for a new machine and doctor to set it--all for some reason not covered under insurance. So in a rebellious and angry impulse I bought a slightly used Airsense 10 thinking I could treat myself. Triply unfortunately, the Airsense is not an Autopap and I do not seem to be able to access detailed statistics to guide me. For some reason Sleepyhead (mac version) does not show any details about AHI. Also, when I try to use the built-in/online MyAir I cannot use it because serial number, etc were used by former user. 

I have used the Cpap for three nights and I seem to feel better. But I would like to be able to be more precise about my (self) treatment.  Is there any way to hack the MyAir feature or to get a version of Sleepyhead or another software that will read my SD card from the machine?  

Frustrating, 
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hacking second hand machine for stats
First, if you have the Airsense 10 Cpap, you wont be able to get any data from it except hours of use and AHI. It's what we call a "brick".

Even though you don't have the autoset, if you have the Airsense 10 Elite, it is data capable and you can use #SleepyHead.

Hacking "My Air" even if possible to gain access to prior users data would be illegal.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Airsense is an entire series of machines. Look at the lower right -- It will say ResMed Airsense -- and under that, in smaller print, will be the specific name of your machine. Let's get that first.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
So, as I said and you suspected, my model is the brick version, Airsense 10 CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be clear, I was never hacking MyAir to view someone else's data, but seeking a way to get more specific data--especially since SleepyHead does not seem to register anything but a 0 for AHI, and ResScan does not have a mac version.
Post Reply Post Reply
dwhite, you should be able to get some basic therapy information from your Airsense 10 CPAP. Enter the clinical menu (control knob + Home) and go into settings. Scroll down to Essentials, and if available set to Plus. This will give you the basic AHI and pressure information on-screen. At least it does for the other machines. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2017, 01:09 PM)dwhite4490 Wrote: Here's my story. I used CPAP for several years until my machine broke down. Unfortunately, when I went to get a new machine they said I needed a new prescription. Also unfortunately, my sleep doctor had moved to another state. So, I had a whole new sleep study. The folks who administered the study said I would need to spend $2000 for a new machine and doctor to set it--all for some reason not covered under insurance. So in a rebellious and angry impulse I bought a slightly used Airsense 10 thinking I could treat myself. Triply unfortunately, the Airsense is not an Autopap and I do not seem to be able to access detailed statistics to guide me. For some reason Sleepyhead (mac version) does not show any details about AHI. Also, when I try to use the built-in/online MyAir I cannot use it because serial number, etc were used by former user. 

I have used the Cpap for three nights and I seem to feel better. But I would like to be able to be more precise about my (self) treatment.  Is there any way to hack the MyAir feature or to get a version of Sleepyhead or another software that will read my SD card from the machine?  

Frustrating, 
D.

I wanted to comment on how you were being ripped off.  A new sleep study is not needed, provided any doctor, dentist or other prescribing professional agrees you likely have sleep apnea and would benefit from CPAP.  In your case, your prior diagnosis and prescription should be sufficient evidence.  Even new patients can be diagnosed by questionaire, or a home study (See Supplier #30).  Once you have a prescription for CPAP, an auto CPAP can be used for self-titration.  Again, no need for a titration study, especially if insurance is not involved.  You could buy a Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP with heated humidifier and heated hose on Amazon for about $440, and never be asked for any prescription.  The Resmed Autoset tends to run $700-800, and is also available from Supplier #2 with a prescription. 

If you can track down your old doctor, you could request your records of diagnosis and prescription, and that would suffice for any online order.  As mentioned above, Supplier #30 and others will provide prescription services.  You have lots of choices, and sorry you didn't check here first.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dwhite4490,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a used Airsense for Her. I just created a new account, added the serial number and it worked fine. Did you clear the SD card first? Maybe that's why it's not setting up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 2 59 5 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 276 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,150 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 414 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,502 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.