Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Had to STOP APAP
RE: Had to STOP APAP
Last night had Major leak rate of 2.19% although mask leaks are just below the 24 threshold quite often during the night. Does this level of leakage compromise the therapy? If true should straps be tightened or look for another mask?[attachment=2838]
Post Reply Post Reply
Try rotating between two masks that have different pressure point on you face. I used the Amara view exclusively for 8 months and developed some points of irritation facial lines. So I tried the F10 FFM which is significantly larger. The mask and the headgear contact my face/head differently so the Irritation and facial marks went away.

The Amara View is lighter and loser, easer to scratch the nose and I have less leaks. However, the straps contact more of may face.

I am currently rotating between the two masks. This gives some relief to the irritation by changing pressure points.
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roy

You might want to look at some of the online retailers that ship to Canada or are even within Canada. I have done so and saved money even after factoring in shipping.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good suggestions ... I'm convinced a new mask is needed. Last night above red line for 10.54% of night but AHI 1.75 with no OA. But very restless night.

My DME good about loaning me masks to tryout. Tried Airfit N10, Amara View, Airfit F10, , Quattro Air and Quattro Air Gel with all having large leakage.

Need to avoid nasal masks as they put pressure underneath my nose on upper gums. Thinking of trying the F&P Forma or the Simplex.

thanks everyone for your suggestions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 366 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 564 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.