Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Handy tip for distilled water bottles
Cut the top off the distilled water bottle at whatever point will suit the job. Keep the bottom for future use, turn the cut-off top upside down and you'll have not only a funnel, but a funnel with a handle and a cap to stop drips once the job is done. Handy for oil changes on the car; transferring kittie litter or pet food from large, heavy bags to a smaller jug for easy refills; diatomaceous earth from a large bag to a shaker for spreading around plants . . . etc., etc.

I do eventually collect enough of those handy bottles that I have to put some out for recycling but the more I can find uses for them, the happier I am! Some members here may remember my tip for making cloches to protect tender seedlings in the spring . . . I also poke a hole in the bottom of a jug, insert one of my home-grown bamboo sticks through the hole until it fits fairly tightly so that water can just seep through and push the bamboo into the ground next to a newly-moved plant to keep the soil from drying out over the first few days. More transplant fertilizer can be added to prevent transplant shock.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for sharing this tip for distilled water bottles. My husband changes the oil on his car and it seems like he is always searching for his funnel that somehow disappears each time he uses it. What a clever use for distilled water bottles besides cpap machines and Keurig machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
These are great tips, thank you for posting. like
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks for this tip.  For a real time-killer with some useful information, Google "different uses for products" or "unusual uses for everyday items."  It's amazing what you might find.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great tips... thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2016, 04:25 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: My husband changes the oil on his car and it seems like he is always searching for his funnel that somehow disappears each time he uses it. 

You're not kidding there. Seemed like every time I went to the box store, or wallys, or auto parts I'm buying a funnel. Like WTH where do they go? funnel fairy stealing my stuff! I'll probably find them in a box somewhere with the single socks.

I should Gorilla glue a magnet to the side of one and stick it to the metal "perf board" so I don't lose it anymore.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Domestic Water Heater Question Sleepster 26 2,215 06-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleepster