Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Handy tip
Handy tip
For the nasal pillow head set for my ResMed S9 I have a row of machine stitches (a few hand stitches would do the job as well) across the Velcro strip just at the front edge of the tab that fixes it in place. I use the old Velcro strip as a template whenever I buy a new head set. This means I never have to bother adjusting the strap either when it's new or after I have washed it. The stitches show me exactly where to put the end of the tab. It's handy, it's easy, it works and it means a good fit (more or less) permanently!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Handy tip
Clever idea! Thank you for the great tip!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Maggie,
WELCOME! to the forum,! and thanks for the very helpful tip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense, but my problem is that as my headgear ages, it stretches a bit, causing me to need to tighten it from time to time (Course, headgear lasts me 3-4yrs at a time too).
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Maggie !

Great idea!

A row of machine stitches it's better than the marks of felt pen I do ... they do not wash off!

Thanks for the tip. Thanks

Au revoir!Smile

Gustave
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Maggie. I love it when hard earned knowledge is shared between members.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2013, 10:46 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Makes sense, but my problem is that as my headgear ages, it stretches a bit, causing me to need to tighten it from time to time (Course, headgear lasts me 3-4yrs at a time too).

I agree, Peter, the headgear does stretch as it ages but the row of stitches does still provide a guide and as time goes by I, too, need to start going a tad beyond the stitches . . . but I'm delighted you all seem to think it's a good idea. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.