Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hans Rudolph FFM
Hans Rudolph FFM
I have been looking at the Hans Rudolph 7600 V2 FFM and I have a couple of questions. The mask extends under the chin. Does it seal under the chin? Is the purpose of the under the chin to keep the mouth from opening or just to keep it from opening too much? Is the whole mask made of silicone? What is it that you like about yours?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hans Rudolph FFM
Not for you:
Cautions:
a.) Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
b.) At low BiLevel pressures the flow through the patient circuit vent holes
may be inadequate to clear all exhaled gas from the tubing. Some rebreathing
may occur.
c.) Patients with facial hair, especially beards, may experience mask leakage which
may require shaving the hair.

Also, it has like a shield under the chin; but seals at the same place as your Quattro.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hans Rudolph FFM
(09-07-2016, 12:57 PM)justMongo Wrote: Not for you:
Cautions:
a.) Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
b.) At low BiLevel pressures the flow through the patient circuit vent holes
may be inadequate to clear all exhaled gas from the tubing. Some rebreathing
may occur.
c.) Patients with facial hair, especially beards, may experience mask leakage which
may require shaving the hair.

Also, it has like a shield under the chin; but seals at the same place as your Quattro.

Actually the shield was what caught my interest. I am getting tired of the darn chin strap and I have not been able to get away from it since my cancer treatment. Used to be I could just use it a while and get back in practice and then the tongue seal would work fine and I could get rid of the chin strap for a while.
a.)I have to have an Rx for any mask
b.)My pressure is far from low Bilevel pressure
c.)I have not seen an inflated silicone seal yet that would not seal over my beard just as the Mirage Quattro is doing now.

I dunno. Just looking for info now. Where did your info come from? I read the reviews in our review forum. Your info about the location of the lower seals is one of the things I was wondering about. Thanks.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Hans Rudolph Full Face Mask brianwood619 25 8,599 04-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.