Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Hans Rudolph Quest 6800 V2
Hans Rudolph Quest 6800 V2
Ok...after a week, I can post a review of this one...

The Hans Rudolph Quest 6800 V2 is a new mask for HR. It fits between the 6600 V2 (a limited use thermoplastic mask like what you might find in a hospital for a short stay) and the 7700 V2 (full silicone and capable of being steam autoclaved).

The overall design is the same as the above two masks. It is a full face mask with chin support, akin to a 1/2 mask respirator instead of a "pocket mask." The Quest is made thermoplastic like the 6600, but made for longer use, like the 7700...and the price reflects this too.

Let's get the niggles out of the way first: this is a heavy mask.  If you're used to something like an F&P Simplus or Quattro Air, this will seem like a very heavy mask.

The seal is robust, but you need to get the right size....if you don't, it'll leak significantly. They do have a sizing guide...use it. Typical sizing is 1-2 sizes smaller...great if you have a big face (i.e. someone else's XL barely fits), not as great for small faces.

Venting is noisier than many contemporary masks....this is old school with a single front port with less diffusing than other modern masks. Your bed partner may not like the blast of air or the noisier venting.

Pro's: This mask, other than a couple bands where the headgear attaches, is completely pliable material....pop out the bands and you can fold it up and stuff it in a pocket. If you side sleep, this means no hard frame pushing against your nose or face.

The mask is also pretty robust with the seal...once you have it fit, it is solid. It handled my "mask fit" pressure (~20 cm H2O) as easily as my normal range, with no bulging or flexing at all. If it weren't for the difference in the resistance to exhale, I would hardly have been able to tell when the "mask fit" was over and my "autostart" had kicked in.

Headgear is a bit more complex, but once figured, there are quick releases so you don't have to fiddle with it.  It also has a tubing QR, so you can leave the mask on if you have to go to the bathroom at night.

Finally, as an "all over" sleeper, this one has been a winner. On the back, it's the same as any mask. On the side, it seems to handle side pressure not too bad with minimal leaks and no frame pressure. On the tummy, this one is a real winner...I've even been able to sleep face down between pillows (with care to not block the venting) without having hard contact marks on my face in the morning.

As with so many masks, YMMV....but if it works for you, it may be a real winner.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hans Rudolph Quest 6800 V2
Thanks for this review, I was considering trying it, but it seems like it makes too much noise. My Quattro is quiet. The noise bothers my spouse, not me. Do you know if the 7700 is quiet? I also see a 7600 model too.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2014, 07:27 PM)Airstream Wrote: Thanks for this review, I was considering trying it, but it seems like it makes too much noise. My Quattro is quiet. The noise bothers my spouse, not me. Do you know if the 7700 is quiet? I also see a 7600 model too.

Unfortunately, they all use the same vent system....the 7700 and 7600 are just as loud. The Quattro series use better diffusers as do the Quattro Air / AirFit F10 and F&P Simplus.

I would suspect that the vent system will change on the next iteration (V3?) of these masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info PsychoMike. I have taken it off my list as an alternative. Just don't understand why all of the manufacturers can't make them all virtually silent. The ones I have that are in that category are the Quattro, FX and F & P Forma.
I would think that the cost of a different vent design wouldn't be much, if anything at all. Guess I'll just watch for the V3 if and when it comes out.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.