Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Happy Gravy Day
Happy Gravy Day
Well the shops have been playing carols since August. To be honest I'm totally over the traditional songs, so here are some more contemporary Australian offers:

How to Make Gravy, Paul Kelly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwMXUAp5rIY Turn it up load!

White Wine in the Sun, Tim Minchin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CeY0VdhXK8

Plus one of my favourite American Christmas songs, Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis, Tom Waits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxVo5mjK4eg
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Happy Gravy Day
How to Make Gravy sounds a lot like the song Melissa by the Allman Brothers Band. You don't suppose they borrowed some it?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Allman Brothers song predated Gravy, so it's quite possible Kelly had heard it. The chord sequence sounds very similar, plus the slide guitar. But the lyric and vocals are very different. Both fantastic songs.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of my favourite Paul Kelly Songs
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
They are dates in the Christian world of relevance.

Here I show you wonderful popular Christmas carol of the city where I was born. Córdoba, Andalucia, Spain.

Merry Christmas from Spain

"¡Por España!/ y el que quiera defenderla/ honrado muera/ y el traidor que la abandone/ no encuentre quien le perdone/ ni cobijo en Tierra Santa/ ni una cruz en sus despojos / ni la mano de un buen hijo/ para cerrarle los ojos". 

"For Spain! / And whoever wants to defend it / honored die / and the traitor who abandons it / does not find who forgives / does not find shelters in the Holy Land / or a christian cross in its human waste / or the hand of a good son / to close his eyes. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Happy Gravy Day DeepBreathing 4 250 01-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Happy Thanksgiving! Big Guy 2 162 11-27-2019, 12:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Happy Groundhog Day Sleeprider 6 552 02-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Happy Thanksgiving SarcasticDave94 17 1,030 11-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  Happy Veteran's Day Big Guy 2 449 11-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Happy New Years Walla Walla 10 1,416 01-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 1,114 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.