Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Happy Groundhog Day
Happy Groundhog Day
I don't live far from where Punxsutawney Phil will make his epic prediction tomorrow, and have even made some motorcycle trips on February 2 to be there. You can find them in my profile.   I have personally observed that on days Phil has not seen his shadow have been perfectly clear sunny days that are a joy to ride. I think the Sleeprider shadow may be a better prediction of early Spring than Phil's.  I'll be sure to wander outside tomorrow morning, and squint in the bright morning sun if it is there and give you my own version.  Phil is a rodent, and has proven to be very inaccurate.  Now, I want his job.  I'll let you know MY prediction tomorrow; however I predict that in these parts, Spring will arrive about March 21 whether you're ready or not. It's going to be too cold tomorrow morning to go to Punxsutawney, but by Sunday it might be okay.

[Image: 51785942_2016266441804762_45927814192263...e=5CEF9C67]

[Image: CbC26oP.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Happy Groundhog Day
Nice looking Yamaha, from what I can see of it. Which model and what year?

Post Reply Post Reply
it's a 05 FJR that I got in 2011 with less than 6K miles. I have taken it coast to coast 4 times and lots of half-continent trips.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2019, 08:48 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Nice looking Yamaha, from what I can see of it. Which model and what year?

Ditto from me on nice bike. I'd wanted to get a Suzuki SV 1000 a few years ago, but I'm guessing I no longer have the spine for bikes.

Happy Groundhog Day to y'all. Was my paternal grandfather's birth date BTW.

My theory on Phil's seeing his shadow is the lighting from all the news cameras.

Coffee
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(02-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: it's a 05 FJR that I got in 2011 with less than 6K miles. I have taken it coast to coast 4 times and lots of half-continent trips.

Very nice bike!  Thumbs-up-2

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to remind folks down south that where I am...

six more weeks of winter would be an early spring!
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

I remember one year taking Spring Break from college in Utah. I decided I would travel towards home in late March. I headed back with a friend and stopped in Yellowstone where all the roads were closed with 15 feet of snow, and we continued to his sister's house in Deluth, MN. In my quest for early Spring I drove the northern shore of Superior all the way to the Mackinac Bridge, camping overnight in frozen enclaves near bays encased in ice. Re-entering the U.S into northern Michigan and continuing south to Ohio, it was basically a trip from frozen tundra to mud season. In subsequent Spring vacations, I learned to go straight south to Arizona or LA. Southern Canada is not the Riviera until July.

(02-02-2019, 06:15 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I'd like to remind folks down south that where I am...

six more weeks of winter would be an early spring!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Gravy Day DeepBreathing 4 210 12-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Happy Thanksgiving SarcasticDave94 17 470 11-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  Happy Veteran's Day Big Guy 2 239 11-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Happy New Years Walla Walla 10 1,064 01-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 803 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming
  Groundhog Day (The rodent lied) Sleeprider 52 6,245 02-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Happy Australia Day zonk 5 1,004 01-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.