Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Happy To Find You!
Happy To Find You!
Hi everyone. So glad to find this forum. Thank you. I'd like to give my story and make it as short as I can. Any feedback would be so appreciated since I literally
don't know even ONE person who has osa or uses a cpap. So no one I can bounce things off of (sic).
I was diagnosed with osa and the dr. said I stop breathing 24.7 times an hr. It took me five weeks of many masks til I was able to find one I could tolerate. I've now used the cpap for 16 straight nights anywhere from 7-9 hrs. The settings were all set by my dr. The only thing I really know to look at is theSmile in the "mask fit", the number of hrs. used, and the "events per hr". (I hope that's all I need to be aware of for now.). My "events" on all nights are either 0.somethings or 1.somethings. Only 2 of the 16 nights was it above 1.
The annoying thing, though, is that I'm still just as fatigued (or even more fatigued) than I was before even starting treatment. Mr dr. said it sometimes takes more time. Hope he's right. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Happy To Find You!
You're off to a good start and have a doctor that cares. However to really get in touch with your therapy, you will need to download the free #Sleepyhead program. You can then see all the details of the data your very good machine can record. Sounds like you are pretty well dialed in, and just need time to catch up on the sleep you've been missing and adapt to CPAP. Recovery doesn't happen overnight.

Welcome to the forum. Have patience and stick with what you're doing. Excellent start!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi harmon k, Welcome to Apnea Board!

It sounds like your doing fairly well for just starting out.

If you don't have a clinicians manual for your machine, you can get one at this link.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

It's good you have a doctor to help you, but you may want to download the
#SleepyHead software and start looking at your data.

From your profile, it looks like you are using an Apap in Cpap mode, which is ok, but wondering why not in Apap mode?

It sometimes takes awhile to start feeling better, so give it some time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome harmon k. It looks like you are of to a great start. It just takes time to start feeling the benefits of your treatment.

Sleep well.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi harmon k,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like you are doing very well with your CPAP therapy, keep up the good work and be patient, it take some time before you notice improvements.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Right now, being so new, you just don't know what you don't know (and neither do we).

Might it be that you have to get used to it-YES
Might it be that your body needs to heal and recover-YES
Might it be that the apneas are indeed treated, but you are not comfortable with aspects of treatment and you are not getting "good" sleep-YES

Read, learn, watch, keep track of how your therapy is going, post the sleephead plots, get feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Silly question: I never ever went on a forum until this one. So....if I have a topic I want to talk about or a question I'd like help with, do I start a different, new thread each time or stay on this, my original, one. Sorry for the weird question. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2016, 11:13 AM)harmon k Wrote: Silly question: I never ever went on a forum until this one. So....if I have a topic I want to talk about or a question I'd like help with, do I start a different, new thread each time or stay on this, my original, one. Sorry for the weird question. Thanks.

A new thread for a new question with a good description of what the thread is about in the subject line will help more people who have experience with what you are asking about find your post. It also helps keep things flowing better and will be less confusing.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,214 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 330 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 457 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Happy Thanksgiving. Big Guy 9 579 11-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: FLcracker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.