Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

Sex: Male

Happy U.S. Independence Day
Happy Independence Day!

Let's all be sure to reflect a few moments on the purpose of this holiday and what it means as we enjoy all of the activities that go along with it.

Mitch

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
07-04-2016 06:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

RE: Happy U.S. Independence Day
It's difficult to celebrate when one has taken the Oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution and lived by it...
Then our politicians take nearly the same oath; and it means nothing as they trample on the Constitution.

Lemme see -- where did I leave the soapbox?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-04-2016 08:15 AM
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ramp off

Quote:
Freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks pupcamper
May the blessings that come from freedom liberty and be with you and yours on this festive day.

Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. ~Louis D. Brandeis

Therefore
I started my celebration this morning with a double expresso raspberry chai latte in coconut milk.- no whip

While I watch my grandson hang up old glory on the font porch.

(07-04-2016 06:24 AM)pupcamper Wrote:  Happy Independence Day!

Let's all be sure to reflect a few moments on the purpose of this holiday and what it means as we enjoy all of the activities that go along with it.

Mitch
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 09:00 AM by 0rangebear.)
07-04-2016 08:59 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows

(07-04-2016 08:15 AM)justMongo Wrote:  It's difficult to celebrate when one has taken the Oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution and lived by it...
Then our politicians take nearly the same oath; and it means nothing as they trample on the Constitution.

Lemme see -- where did I leave the soapbox?

I agree, Mongo. We still have more freedom than most people around the world. We do, however, need to get rid of the status quo, somehow, and get people back into government who are willing to preserve he constitution.

(07-04-2016 08:59 AM)0rangebear Wrote:  Quote:
Freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks pupcamper
May the blessings that come from freedom liberty and be with you and yours on this festive day.

Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. ~Louis D. Brandeis

Therefore
I started my celebration this morning with a double expresso raspberry chai latte in coconut milk.- no whip

While I watch my grandson hang up old glory on the font porch.

We had our youngest grandson (2 years old) all weekend. He is the reason I was being reflective today. The younger generations are the reason we need to be diligent in protecting the constitution.

As my grandson was walking by I called him a little monkey. He turned around to look for the monkey. I tapped him on the shoulder and told in "no, here's the little monkey". He looked at his shoulder, turning around trying to see the monkey on his shoulder. We are still chuckling about it today. He is well on his way to being a fine young man.

I have been cooking a good portion of the weekend. I tried a homemade cauliflower pizza crust which turned out very well for a first attempt. I think that even though it is labor intensive to make, it will become a regular at our house. I just finished a Southwestern Black Bean Casserole we are taking to the lake for a picnic with the extended family.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
07-04-2016 09:30 AM
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ramp off

(07-04-2016 09:30 AM)pupcamper Wrote:  I have been cooking a good portion of the weekend. I tried a homemade cauliflower pizza crust

Your going to have to post the magic formula for cauliflower pizza crust. I have a 13 year old granddaughter who will want to try here hand at that. We have some growing along the back fence

Independence day also reminds me of our obligation to preserve these liberties and freedoms.
Mors semper tyrannis

Quotes

Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
-Benjamin Franklin

I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.
― Thomas Jefferson
07-04-2016 10:14 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Here's the document that started it all... good for us to refresh our memories by reading it from time-to-time, I think:

The Declaration of Independence

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence.

They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

The 56 signatures on the Declaration, by state:

Georgia:
Button Gwinnett
Lyman Hall
George Walton

North Carolina:

William Hooper
Joseph Hewes
John Penn

South Carolina:
Edward Rutledge
Thomas Heyward, Jr.
Thomas Lynch, Jr.
Arthur Middleton

Massachusetts:
John Hancock

Maryland:
Samuel Chase
William Paca
Thomas Stone
Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia:
George Wythe
Richard Henry Lee
Thomas Jefferson
Benjamin Harrison
Thomas Nelson, Jr.
Francis Lightfoot Lee
Carter Braxton

Pennsylvania:
Robert Morris
Benjamin Rush
Benjamin Franklin
John Morton
George Clymer
James Smith
George Taylor
James Wilson
George Ross

Delaware:
Caesar Rodney
George Read
Thomas McKean

New York:
William Floyd
Philip Livingston
Francis Lewis
Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
Richard Stockton
John Witherspoon
Francis Hopkinson
John Hart
Abraham Clark

New Hampshire:

Josiah Bartlett
William Whipple

Massachusetts:

Samuel Adams
John Adams
Robert Treat Paine
Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
Stephen Hopkins
William Ellery

Connecticut:
Roger Sherman
Samuel Huntington
William Williams
Oliver Wolcott

New Hampshire:
Matthew Thornton

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-04-2016 12:58 PM
chill Online

Advisory Members

Machine: DreamStation X500
Mask Make & Model: Walk-in Mask Closet
Humidifier: DreamStation
CPAP Pressure: 13-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP True Believer

Happy Independence Day from North of the 49th!
07-04-2016 01:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Happy Independence Day to all.

trish6hundred
07-04-2016 02:10 PM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Thanks SS. We all need to read that once in a while. It all sounds very familiar, doesn't it?

07-04-2016 06:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

(07-04-2016 10:14 AM)0rangebear Wrote:  Your going to have to post the magic formula for cauliflower pizza crust. I have a 13 year old granddaughter who will want to try here hand at that. We have some growing along the back fence
This is the recipe I used.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

The crust is not as stiff as a flour based crust, but you can still pick it up. While there is still a slight cauliflower taste to the crust, it is delicious and a whole lot better for you.

A regular sized head of cauliflower is enough for one 12" crust

Ingredients:

1 medium sized head of cauliflower
2 1/2 Tbs of the homemade Italian seasoning found in my notes (commercial seasoning will work)
1/2 cup cheese of your choice (needs to melt easily)
2 eggs, slightly beaten

Directions:

1. Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower head.

2. Cut off florets. You don’t need much stem, but a little won’t hurt.

3. Place florets in a food processor and pulse 30 seconds at a time until the cauliflower has a snow like consistency.

4. Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl, cover and heat on high for 4 minutes.

5.Dump hot cauliflower onto a clean tea towel, spread out and let cool.

6. While the cauliflower is cooling, place a pizza pan or pizza stone on middle rack of oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.

7. When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle but still warm, wrap it in the tea towel and wring out as much liquid as possible. Getting out all of the moisture is critical and will ensure the crust stays together instead of crumbling.

8. Place cauliflower in a bowl and mix well, by hand, with the rest of the ingredients (yes, you put the cheese in the dough mix).

9. Put a piece of oiled parchment paper on an extra pizza pan, oiled side up.

10. Place dough on the parchment paper. Use your hands to form it to the shape of the pizza pan, being careful to get as consistent a layer as possible. Pat it down as thoroughly and as tightly as possible to ensure it sticks together.

11. Carefully slide the parchment paper and pizza crust onto the hot pizza pan or pizza stone and place back on the center rack of the oven.

12. Bake at 450 degrees, until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven.

13. When the pizza crust is lightly browned remove from oven, top with your favorite ingredients and return to the center rack of the oven.

14. Bake pizza 10 to 15 minutes until cheese melts and toppings are thoroughly warmed.

15. Remove pizza from oven and let sit for 4 or 5 minutes to help the crust set to ensure it doesn’t crumble.

16. Cut pizza and use spatula to separate from the parchment paper and serve the pizza.

Enjoy!

07-04-2016 06:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Halloween 0rangebear 6 243 11-07-2016 03:14 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Happy Canada Day!! cate1898 1 269 07-01-2016 06:47 PM
Last Post: chill
Video Happy Extended Memorial day weekend SeriousJoker 1 233 05-28-2016 06:29 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
Question Data Happy Diabetics.... DariaVader 14 1,030 11-27-2015 02:14 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Happy 240th Birthday USMC justMongo 3 459 11-11-2015 12:38 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  Happy BTTF II day AlanE 9 913 10-24-2015 12:32 PM
Last Post: quip
  Happy Equinox justMongo 6 794 09-24-2015 10:11 PM
Last Post: surferdude2