Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Happy to see some really positive results starting!
Rainbow 
Happy to see some really positive results starting!
Sorry but I'm just so happy about this, I wanted to share. So I just came back from my 3 month regular BP checkup with my doctor. I got a BP reading I haven't seen since before being diagnosed with hypertension over 15 years ago! 110/70 !! Way-to-happy It would be nice if I could eventually start reducing all the BP meds I'm on, so I'm going to hope for that.

I may not be completely free of the headaches yet (they're way better and less frequent) and still finding I'm tired more than I should be, but I'm so happy about the BP reading I can overlook all the other things!

If things keep improving like this it won't be long before I feel it will be time to post up in the thread about CPAP success stories! Bigwink

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Happy to see some really positive results starting!
Awesome! Congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic News!!

Better living with APAPs!!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 12:27 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Sorry but I'm just so happy about this, I wanted to share. So I just came back from my 3 month regular BP checkup with my doctor. I got a BP reading I haven't seen since before being diagnosed with hypertension over 15 years ago! 110/70 !! Way-to-happy It would be nice if I could eventually start reducing all the BP meds I'm on, so I'm going to hope for that.

I may not be completely free of the headaches yet (they're way better and less frequent) and still finding I'm tired more than I should be, but I'm so happy about the BP reading I can overlook all the other things!

If things keep improving like this it won't be long before I feel it will be time to post up in the thread about CPAP success stories! Bigwink

Great news Cate. Any indication from the doctor as to the possibility of the meds being reduced?

49er

Post Reply Post Reply
Not a word said about it. My thoughts are that he won't even consider it until it goes even lower or I broach the subject.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 05:19 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Not a word said about it. My thoughts are that he won't even consider it until it goes even lower or I broach the subject.

Might it be worth asking just to see what he says? Nothing to lose in my opinion.

And maybe reducing the meds would help with the tiredness issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 12:27 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Sorry but I'm just so happy about this, I wanted to share. So I just came back from my 3 month regular BP checkup with my doctor. I got a BP reading I haven't seen since before being diagnosed with hypertension over 15 years ago! 110/70 !! Way-to-happy It would be nice if I could eventually start reducing all the BP meds I'm on, so I'm going to hope for that.

Congratulations Cate!!

I have had increasing blood pressure readings for 10-15 years and no one has been able to help me keeping it under control. I am on high levels of BP meds and am hoping that I too can start to reduce these over time.

Thank you Cate for giving me hope that I too will start to get really great readings like you.

I am now getting 120 to 130 SYS and DIA in 70s at the moment. My BP started to come down almost immediately I started CPAP therapy. (Before CPAP, recently one morning when I woke up my BP was 206 SYS Bug-eyed )

I still feel a bit tired some days, but I am walking two times are day for 2 hours a day to lose weight as well so I may be overdoing it a bit. Rolleyes Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow Diane that's awesome - 2 hours a day! Wish I had your drive. I've been doing about 40 minutes a day on the treadmill (cause it's cold outside and often rainy) and 10-20 minutes on the exercise bike. I've been watching my food choices/intake for the past month and have only managed about 7 lbs down. It's soooo hard to lose weight at this ripe old age of 57. However, my friend keeps telling me, slow and steady wins the race.

Glad to hear your BP has already come down. 206 is a bit scary for sure!

So best of luck to you in your quest to also lose weight and keep up the good work!

Post Reply Post Reply
I am on holidays until next year so I have made walking the priority however, I am feeling very sore today.

The test will be next year keeping it up. The weight is coming off very slowly which is the way they say to do it and hopefully when enough comes off then the blood pressure meds will be reduced.

Again, I am so grateful to have found you all on this board.

Bye for now
Di
Post Reply Post Reply
Way-to-happy

that is awesome to hear...

* DariaVader envious... mine hasn't budged
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  anyone with positive apnea reduction using emf shielding over bed? Pierelly 7 247 03-21-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.