Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hard Water
RE: Hard Water
(02-28-2018, 04:56 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: There is a lot of gallons in $800 Thinking-about

Quite so.  Still, a person should not drink softened water if possible, if that's what they use, especially those with high BP; there's still some sodium in softened water, although it's acceptable with typical hardness levels in urban areas.  Really hard water will have close to 100 mg/l of sodium after softening, or even double that amount.

If the taste is objectionable and they don't like to have to descale kettles by using water straight from the well, an RO system would really help.  An RO system effectively distills the water, or equivalent.  They would be drinking many times each day what the CPAP machine needs for their therapy, so that $800 would pay for itself within a couple of years.

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/b...ned-water/
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hard Water
I always use distilled water at home but was on a short 2 nights business trip last week and opted to use bottled water on first night and still had some after first night so topped off with tap water for my last night.

Was absolutely surprised to find crusty minerals on bottom of humidifier after my second night.  

It cleaned up easily with vinegar when I got home but I will be more cautious on what water I use when on travel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 32 11 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,735 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,313 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 151 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,174 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 197 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 342 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.