Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hard Water
RE: Hard Water
Sleeprider,

Thanks for posting that, even though you've possibly mentioned the Zero-Water filter before. I'm going to look into it to see what there is about it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I forgot about these jugs that remove a lot of stuff from the water, it is always worth a try, the filters last a long time, we used to use one in our last house just for drinking water as it always tasted not to nice to drink without boiling it.  Reverse-osmosis water treatment can work very well, but has an installation cast and filters for these are not the cheapest.  However, they work really well and can remove almost anything from the water, but it is costly (here anyway).
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto the expense on items like this water filter. Here in the US if it says healthy, diet, organic, etc., then you better expect to pay a price premium.

It's kinda like they punish you when you try to buy healthy and/or reward you to buy the less than healthy choices.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, it is like do I buy a steak or go to MacDonalds  Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 06:16 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Yep, it is like do I buy a steak or go to MacDonalds  Thinking-about

Who's buying? You or me? Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You can always purchase a 'reverse osmosis' system that fits under the kitchen sink.  We had one in our last place and it was essential due to the minerals, tannins, and lignins in our well water, of which we had an abundant supply.  We only used RO water for our tea/coffee and for drinking out of the tap.   Such systems will cost between $300-800, depending on the brand/capacity.  Most couples need about 20 liters per day at a minimum, so a low capacity system should suffice.

I have found distilled water at all drug stores in gallon jugs.  Typically they run about $2.  One jug does me for almost a month, but my humidity is set very low.

I use tap water now.  It's very good locally, coming from a glacial lake.  Even so, all such devices will scale over time.  If you have serious mineralization, just swirl out the reservoir every morning with fresh tap water and fill it with new....without fail.  NEVER let it dry out.  If it dries out, and it scales, let some white vinegar sit in the chamber for an hour.  That should take care of any deposits....or you could try a tbsp. of CLR or similar descaling compound available at hardware stores.  swirl that for two minutes, rinse well, refill with cheap tap water.

Just suggestions....but distilled water in gallon plastic jugs is really quite cheap.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a lot of gallons in $800 Thinking-about

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 07:27 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 06:16 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Yep, it is like do I buy a steak or go to MacDonalds  Thinking-about

Who's buying? You or me?  Cool

It looks like you could eat a lot, so it might have to be MacDonalds   Big Grin

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
That's OK by me. After that weight loss surgery, I can only eat one burger, barely. If we were to run across one another, I'd buy.
Post Reply Post Reply
After seeing stuff floating in my tank and the slime from a single night after using bottled spring water, I'm never using anything but distilled water as recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,102 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 160 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 212 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,942 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,553 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 210 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,347 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.