Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hard to breath with CPAP and RSD(CRPS)
RE: Hard to breath with CPAP and RSD(CRPS)
Our first focus is to get you comfortable enough to consistently use your CPAP.  This is primarily thru the "Interface" which we all know as your mask.  Please read the mask primer (see my signature) as it contains much info about this all-important device including fitting your mask.

I hope this doesn't overload you.  It's not intended to.

I view treatment as having 2 phases, in your case I'll say 3.

1. get you comfortable enough to consistently use your CPAP
2. achieve satisfactory numbers indicating that your apnea is being successfully treated.  This is mostly to get your CPAP roughed in with AHI under 5 AHI
3. Adjust to maintain #2 AND address how you feel.  How effective is the therapy for you?  Is your physical health improving thru better sleep?  This step will blend with the first 2 as needed.  This is also to fine tweak your numbers, but don't chase numbers, how you feel is much more important.

New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success   Pretty much what it says.  Many aspects on Apnea and CPAP usage for the beginer and on.
Mask Primer  More advice regarding mask usage.
Dealing with a DME DMEs can be difficult to deal with, some thoughts on this

Sleepyhead, the key to a detailed analysis of your therapy.  This, along with how you feel will drive the advice we give you.  Sleepyhead will let us get extremely detailed information on a breath by breath basis if needed for the entire period that you are using your CPAP.  Also below are an optimized organization of the information that Sleepyhead provides, if more info is needed we will ask.
[url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]Download SleepyHead[/url]
Organize Charts  
Attaching Charts

My suggestion is to get Sleepyhead downloaded and post your nightly charts as indicated above.
Also post any Sleep Study(s) you have, preferably the full study and not just the summary.

And definitely ask any questions that you may have.
Good  Sleeping ahead
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks again Bonjour, I have downloaded the sleepyhead software, Now i just need to get adapter to upload san disk to my computer. I wore for about 1 hr last night its getting better maybe!

thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to pick up my sleep test results today or tomorrow but my AHI is at 104. I dont know how bad that is but it seems kinda high, maybe not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not just "kind". That is right up there with the worst. The reason we want to see your data is because if the apnea events are central, it explains the problems you are having and the "hard to breath" title of this thread. Your machine also breaks down the type and numbers of events, ut you might have to change the settings for Essentials in the clinical menu from on to Plus.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh dear...that's not good at all. I am in the process of getting the SD adapter so i can start looking at my own results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well i just left the DME supplier and she says oh we just got a new mask(Airfit F30 i think). in and i thought of you...Said my insurance wouldnt cover until 6 months so this mask would be out of pocket if I wanted to try it sooner. I do not have any results from my CPAP yet. I do have pictures of my sleep test.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely mixed apnoea there we need to see data but you may need a different machine if the amount of CA’s showing on your sleep study is accurate
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very concerned you need ASV. You have predominately central apnea before treatment.  It is very important that you hang in there, get data, and we can help you move towards the right therapy.  Keep in mind insurance requires you to fail CPAP before thy will approve bilevel, and finally bilevel with a backup rate.  Your adventure has just begun, and won't be an easy journey if you don't understand what is going on.  We hope for the best,but expect you to fail CPAP.  It's not your fault.  Ask your doctor what his plan is, considering your problem is mostly central apnea. You need him to be honest and explain this result, and his expectations for CPAP, and what his plan is if/when it fails.  Ask him about ASV and let's see how he responds.  My hope is he is open to the idea,but thinks we need to give CPAP a fair trial.  If he rejects it and disrespects the question, that is a problem.

Do not pay for a mask out of pocket until you compare online prices from Supplier #1 and Amazon. Your mask fit and comfort should have been part of the service, and most DMEs will allow returns and exchanges free for at least 30 days.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So here is your progression.

1. Try and fail CPAP (Talk to your Dr. saying My sleep study says Mostly Central and Mixed Apnea, Why am I not on ASV?,   How long must I try the CPAP before we try something else?)

2. Try and Fail BiPAP (Talk to your Dr. saying My sleep study says Mostly Central and Mixed Apnea, Why am I not on ASV?,   How long must I try the BiPAP before we try something else?)

3. Try and Fail BiPAP with backup rate (Talk to your Dr. saying My sleep study says Mostly Central and Mixed Apnea, Why am I not on ASV?,   How long must I try the BiPAP with backup rate before we try something else?)

4. Get an ASV and succeed with an ASV (Talk to your Dr. and say thank you)

It is possible that you will have many left turns when you needed to make a right turn.  The idea is to let your Dr. know that you are a knowledgeable patient and to put the idea of ASV in his head early and often.  

Ask him if he sees a possibility of you eventually getting an ASV.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am thankful for all your replies...dang. am i messed up? and should the doctor notice that i should be on something different. I am not sure of ASV and what it is or does. i need to look it up. I have so many other problems besides this and it is kinda getting to me that now i have been diagnosed with OSA. I am sorry i am just new to all this breathing or non breathing stuff. I just got back from from DME and i guess she changed the EPM on my Resmed Airsense 10, something like that from 1 to 2. I hope that i am not that messed up that I need something bigger thatn a CPAP.

Thank you

(10-23-2018, 03:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm very concerned you need ASV. You have predominately central apnea before treatment.  It is very important that you hang in there, get data, and we can help you move towards the right therapy.  Keep in mind insurance requires you to fail CPAP before thy will approve bilevel, and finally bilevel with a backup rate.  Your adventure has just begun, and won't be an easy journey if you don't understand what is going on.  We hope for the best,but expect you to fail CPAP.  It's not your fault.  Ask your doctor what his plan is, considering your problem is mostly central apnea. You need him to be honest and explain this result, and his expectations for CPAP, and what his plan is if/when it fails.  Ask him about ASV and let's see how he responds.  My hope is he is open to the idea,but thinks we need to give CPAP a fair trial.  If he rejects it and disrespects the question, that is a problem.

Do not pay for a mask out of pocket until you compare online prices from Supplier #1 and Amazon. Your mask fit and comfort should have been part of the service, and most DMEs will allow returns and exchanges free for at least 30 days.

How do you fail CPAP? I mean do i need to say i just cant wear the mask or pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Rapid Breathing-Fractured Sleep-Out of Breath Fixit50 76 4,013 01-31-2024, 01:37 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 552 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 848 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  Do nasal cpap help to not breath through mouth? hejohoo 10 1,427 09-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Shortness of Breath - Low Oxygen level Sandyelle 3 613 07-17-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad Causes of Expiatory Mouth Breath? Norman2195 8 858 05-31-2023, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.