Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hard to exhale with P10 on auto BiPaP
Hard to exhale with P10 on auto BiPaP
I have an auto BiPAP machine, EPAP 6, IPAP 10-12 ish. This is the first time I'm ever using it, and haven't been able to sleep a night yet. I'm having difficulty breathing out on the Airfit P10. It always feels like there's an obstruction, even when the machine is off and theres no EPAP. It's like I'm having to work extra just to push air through. I'm using the large nasal pillow size, so it's not an issue with nostril size.

I do have asthma, which means my lungs aren't very good at exhaling - so that might be playing into it.

Has anyone else found this with the P10? Is it because of the diffuser? Are there any other recommended nasal pillows to try out that aren't as hard to exhale out of? In fact, would it be beneficial to try out a completely different type of mask altogether?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a massive CPAP newbie Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hard to exhale with P10 on auto BiPaP
I have a similar issue as you. I have switched to Brevida, and it works well for me. Brevida works even better for me if I remove its optional diffuser screen thingy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, how does the Brevida compare to previous masks you've used? I've just got the Dreamwear today, and while it feels a little easier to exhale, it's not as great as I was hoping.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Brevida's headgear is very similar to the P10, which is important to me. The main difference between it and P10 is that it has a bubble that embraces the base & tip of the nose, with flares that go in the nares/nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,877 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,223 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 382 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 833 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap Innisfree 2 424 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.