Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hardcore Sleeping!
Smile 
Hardcore Sleeping!
We had a power cut today that lasted over 90 minutes and the strange thing is I kept on sleeping with my mask on and no power to the machine, in fact I only woke up when the power came back on with a "What just happend" look on my face I turned over and went back to sleep. Just goes to show you can sleep without power and still wear your mask although it is abit hardcore Too-funnyCool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hardcore Sleeping!
I could do that with my old S7 for the first half hour or so. But the S9, I am awake as soon as it goes off. I cannot breathe at all. It is frightening.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just instantly become a mouth breather if my CPAP powers off.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2012, 01:14 PM)Cutter Wrote: I just instantly become a mouth breather if my CPAP powers off.

Strange as I run a full face quattro and it never woke me, I guess the only problems your going to get in these situations in the panic attack thinking you cant breath when as proven you can.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your full face mask operated just as it was designed. It has a reverse flap vent that allows you to receive fresh air when you inhale during the time that the power goes off. Nasal and pillows style mask do not have this feature because your mouth will open and you can inhale fresh air. Full face mask have this feature because your nose and mouth are both encased in the mask.

And yes it is "hard core" sleeping.. I use a pillows mask and am awaken immediately when the power goes off.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
The first time we had a power outage I did wake up. Then I installed a battery back up. The next time we had a power outage I slept right through it. Wink
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If my bedroom had a 3 prong outlet, I'd get one, too.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2012, 07:41 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If my bedroom had a 3 prong outlet, I'd get one, too.

Just get one of those adapters.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure a good UPS would tolerate that. This house is about as grounded as, well, something totally not grounded.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2012, 08:05 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Not sure a good UPS would tolerate that. This house is about as grounded as, well, something totally not grounded.

the adapter should have a wire sticking out so you can screw it into the center screw on the switch plate. if the box and the conduit in the wall is metal, there's your ground.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 249 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.