Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has Anyone seen or tried ResMed's New Pillow Mask
RE: Has Anyone seen or tried ResMed's New Pillow Masi
Got it today. Here is a (bad) picture.

[Image: UsROjR9.jpg]

You may not be able to see it in the picture, but the main differences between this and the Swift FX are.

(1) The headgear is all one cloth piece. It is stretchy and not manually adjustable like the Swift FX is.
(2) The pillows now have a hard plastic back.
(3) The exhale port is much bigger and curves out to the side. I haven't tried it yet but it should make it much less likely that you end up shooting air into a blanket or pillow or something.

Post Reply Post Reply
I hope they make a new nasal mask using this design. I don't like anything sticking up my nose so I use nasal masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder how good this is for side sleeping? One vent will surely be blocked by the pillows. And let us know how strong the air stream is, please - on my FX the stream is so strong that it blows hard on my wife's back or whatever, which has forced me to use a device to draw the airstream away and up the exterior of the hose to the ceiling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Judging by my first night, very good. I am a side sleeper and often have to "rearrange" my pillow so the mask isn't shooting air at it. The air stream is almost imperceptible on this mask. And my leak numbers were solid. It seems like an improvement over the Swift FX although I am concerned about the headgear getting stretched over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 10:43 AM)eviltim Wrote: Judging by my first night, very good. I am a side sleeper and often have to "rearrange" my pillow so the mask isn't shooting air at it. The air stream is almost imperceptible on this mask. And my leak numbers were solid. It seems like an improvement over the Swift FX although I am concerned about the headgear getting stretched over time.

I am puzzled how this mask fits without being 'adjustable'. Does the mask itself come in different sizes? I've used the Swift FX for Her for over 3 years and like it above any others I've tried. But I would like a mask that had different air flow like this new one seems to have.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about the noise? And how far out do you have to hold your hand before you don't feel an air flow? Can you simply roll over without needing toe rearrange the pillow, like you can with the FX, or do you have to consciously bunch the pillow?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 06:28 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(01-16-2014, 10:43 AM)eviltim Wrote: Judging by my first night, very good. I am a side sleeper and often have to "rearrange" my pillow so the mask isn't shooting air at it. The air stream is almost imperceptible on this mask. And my leak numbers were solid. It seems like an improvement over the Swift FX although I am concerned about the headgear getting stretched over time.

I am puzzled how this mask fits without being 'adjustable'. Does the mask itself come in different sizes? I've used the Swift FX for Her for over 3 years and like it above any others I've tried. But I would like a mask that had different air flow like this new one seems to have.

Well, it's just an elastic that you stretch out over your head. If you have a very small or large head it might very well not work. It fits fine for me.

(01-16-2014, 06:34 PM)DocWils Wrote: What about the noise? And how far out do you have to hold your hand before you don't feel an air flow? Can you simply roll over without needing toe rearrange the pillow, like you can with the FX, or do you have to consciously bunch the pillow?

Noise is good. You can feel the air flow very close at certain angles to the mask, but more than an inch or two out it's just not there.

I don't have to readjust my pillows or blankets around the mask, as opposed to the Swift FX.
Post Reply Post Reply
eviltim - What is the material that actually touches the face from your nose to above the ear? Is it cloth or a plastic type material and is it soft? Also, the air flow going to the side....does that blow past the cheek/ear? I've never had a mask that had an airflow that went to the side. If I order one of these masks online, it will be "out of pocket" expense, so I'm trying to learn all I can before I order the mask. Thanks for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's cloth, soft and comfortable. The airflow is very imperceptible. You can feel it sort of to the lower right of where the hose meets the pillows with your finger, but it's not something you're going to feel if you're not trying to.

I ordered it from Supplier #1, and it came with free return insurance. Lots of the online suppliers have good return policies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 03:45 PM)eviltim Wrote: It's cloth, soft and comfortable. The airflow is very imperceptible. You can feel it sort of to the lower right of where the hose meets the pillows with your finger, but it's not something you're going to feel if you're not trying to.

I ordered it from Supplier #1, and it came with free return insurance. Lots of the online suppliers have good return policies.

Thank you again for the time to answer my question. I did not know that this board had a list of suppliers....I'm glad to learn that Supplier #1 is where you ordered it. I've ordered from them before also, in fact their prices are way better even out of pocket than the DME that I use locally. I think I will go ahead and order this mask and hopefully it will work well for me. I'm glad it works for you. Wasn't it a bit scary to order it without seeing it first?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 975 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,817 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 236 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,094 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 312 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 503 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 401 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.