Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has OSCAR crashed for you?
RE: Has OSCAR crashed for you?
(07-08-2019, 12:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I'll open it and just let it sit there for a while. Does it need to do this each time or just once?

EDITED TO ADD: I don't see where to set it to "everything". Can you point me to where to find this information?

It should be a one-time delay.

You can set the Statistics page range to "everything" by clicking on the range button in the lower left corner of the page (it usually says "3 months") and selecting "Everything".
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2019, 07:10 AM)Dawnstar Wrote: Not a crash, but a hang.

I have the current macOS Catalina on my MacBook Pro, and OSCAR starts when I bypass GateKeeper, but then it just hangs.

Let me know if you'd like me to collect logs, do call traces or anything.

Which beta of Catalina are you running?

Please do PM me with any kind of crash log or spindump that you can provide. We haven't seen this in person but have had a few reports that there are issues with Catalina. Given that that version of macOS is in beta, I don't know whether it's anything we can/should fix, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility until we know more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
New here.  Installed OSCAR 7/7/19 on Win7 x32 Athlon 3000+.  Crashing on data load.  This morning tried text editor fix, no change.  Then tried reg edit fix, success. 
Can see the improvements you are making to Sleepyhead.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2019, 08:06 AM)zonkerood Wrote: New here.  Installed OSCAR 7/7/19 on Win7 x32 Athlon 3000+.  Crashing on data load.  This morning tried text editor fix, no change.  Then tried reg edit fix, success. 
Can see the improvements you are making to Sleepyhead.  Thanks
That's a big one, thanks!!! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2019, 12:31 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 12:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I'll open it and just let it sit there for a while. Does it need to do this each time or just once?

EDITED TO ADD: I don't see where to set it to "everything". Can you point me to where to find this information?

It should be a one-time delay.

You can set the Statistics page range to "everything" by clicking on the range button in the lower left corner of the page (it usually says "3 months") and selecting "Everything".

It is actually in the Overview section, not the Statistics. I did that before going to bed. Turned off any program that didn't need to be on, told OSCAR to look at Everything, and went to bed. Puter was still alive the next morning so it survived. Rebooted and have been able to view data. Some hesitation still but not surprising with my computer, bless its heart.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great! Yes, I did mean the Overview page.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update: once I split the data into two profiles and set the "Overview" to "everything", it has been working fine. One profile is from my S9 and the other is the A10. It took several goes of opening, being patient (not my thing), and now it works fine. Loving this software.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to a new machine last night (same Philips Respironics but different model), used the same SD card from the old machine, did not create a new profile in Oscar, and now Oscar crashes after i enter my password. Any files I could delete in the Oscar_data folder? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try creating a new profile and import the SD card into that. Generally, it's not a good idea to use the same SD card in two machines without reformatting the card in between.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2019, 02:33 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Try creating a new profile and import the SD card into that.  Generally, it's not a good idea to use the same SD card in two machines without reformatting the card in between.

Thanks, I did create a new profile and reformatted the SD card, and now i can open the new account in OSCAR. It looks like the new cpap machine is writing to the SD card, but OSCAR cant import the files, which are .001 archive files. I go through the import steps, but no data shows up for the night. Do i need to find a way to unite the .001 files?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question PC crashed & data gone Emeraude 6 778 10-02-2020, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Emeraude
  Sleepyhead crashed before data upload finishes ScottGA 6 2,765 10-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.