Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone bought a cpap online overseas?
Has anyone bought a cpap online overseas?
I was just diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea and trialing a AirSense 10 with heated humidifier. I have 2 masks for trialling P10 (xs) and N10 small, I have a small face apparently.
I am renting the machine for a month and looking into buying one online. Here in Australia they are very expensive and cost half as much in the USA. Has anyone ordered one online with Supplier #10? Any problems with having it shipped over or customs? or warranty?
Appreciate any feedback thanks.
oh, I also have a sore nose using the pillows but they are quieter than the N10, I am only using it for 4 night so far and have been reading the forum posts on sore noses Smile.

Angelika
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone bought a cpap online overseas?
I don't have much experience - but the experience I have says that if the nasal pillows are making your nose sore you are wearing it too tight. maybe you need a sm P10 instead of xs. unless you mean the nasal pillow instead of the headgear... and in that case some say to try stretching the p10 a little
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Angelika,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It seems to me like there have been some, here on the board, who have boughten equipment from the vender you mentioned and have had good success with them.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and I wish you much success as you continue your CPAP therapy.
By the way, you might try some HPA Lanolin for your soar nose and see if that helps. Sometimes when we use pillows masks, the nostriles need toughening up and the HPA Lanolin helps with that. You can find that in the baby isle of most stores.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The buying of machines elsewhere in Australia is a popular topic here.

Here's some threads to start reading:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Australia

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-a-machine
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Angelica, Welcome to the forum.
For sore nostrils I use paw paw ointment. I find it very soothing.
I have been buying all of my equipment from overseas since I started using CPAP.
I have sent you a personal message giving you my take on it.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have along the way, this forum is a wealth of information.

Good luck on your journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2014, 06:06 PM)Angelika Wrote: I was just diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea and trialing a AirSense 10 with heated humidifier. I have 2 masks for trialling P10 (xs) and N10 small, I have a small face apparently.
I am renting the machine for a month and looking into buying one online. Here in Australia they are very expensive and cost half as much in the USA. Has anyone ordered one online with Supplier #10? Any problems with having it shipped over or customs? or warranty?
Appreciate any feedback thanks.
oh, I also have a sore nose using the pillows but they are quieter than the N10, I am only using it for 4 night so far and have been reading the forum posts on sore noses Smile.

Angelika

Yes Angelika, I have purchased from Supplier #10 (check the supplier list link above). I had the item delivered in 5 days by Fedex. I'm very happy with the whole process. I also hired a machine and mask here. My suggestion to you would be to use your months trial wisely and ensure that you get the correct fitting mask or nasal pillows etc, whatever you are comfortable with and you get good results with.
Once you have that right type for you, make sure you get the details of the mask or pillows so that you can order the same.
As for customs, they will be aware that it is medical equipment but you will need to pay a customs clearance fee which is around $50 mark, Fedex will contact you and request paynent before they release it for delivery. You will only need to pay this clearance fee if the total of your order including shipping costs and a conversion of that amount into Aussie dollars is over $1000 AU.

As the unit you are buying is from the USA the only way to get it repaired under warranty will be if you pay to have it shipped back to USA and also to have it shipped back here to Australia once it has been repaired.

Even in this unfortunate scenario, what you save by buying from US far out weighs any cost that you would incur sending it back and forth for repair.

I purchased a Resmed Airsense A10 Autoset for him with a FFM and saved $1500 AU on the quoted price here. Even if it cost me $200 for shipping back and forth for a warranty issue, I think you would agree that I would still be a mile infront.

Sorry for my rambling, hope this has helped you.

Chip
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Angelika and welcome

While you,re renting the machine, use the opportunity to try as many masks as you can. Its not uncommon to trial few different masks to find the right one and correct size. I suggest try a full face mask as well even if you don,t use it right now but might comes useful whenever you catch a cold and cannot use your nasal mask. Also would helps you when you buy from overseas so you know which size to ask for.

I won't bother you with all the details, I think Gabby got it covered. I would not worry about warranty with these prices and the machines are pretty reliable. You might want to ask for the "AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her", same price as the other one and does have an extra mode "AutoSet For Her" and report a bit extra data, why not for the same price

All what you need to know explained in the clinical manual, like how to change temp from F to C, set the date and clock to local time, pressure, humidifier, etc ... scroll down to "how to ask for a manual via email"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Best of luck on your journey
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2014, 06:08 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I don't have much experience - but the experience I have says that if the nasal pillows are making your nose sore you are wearing it too tight. maybe you need a sm P10 instead of xs. unless you mean the nasal pillow instead of the headgear... and in that case some say to try stretching the p10 a little

Thanks, now have to search what a p10 is.Thinking-about
Xs is the pillow, I think the head strap has no size.
The nasal one is small, they gave me 2 to try.
Last night I put paw paw ointment on nose it seemed to help a bit, still sore. I changed masks during the night, hopefully I get used to one or both.
Post Reply Post Reply
If in the VERY unlikely event of a problem I suggest getting a quote for repairing it here by resmed and just paying it yourself. That or just buy a whole new one lol
Post Reply Post Reply
I have bought twice from the. Supplier you mentioned and have had no problems at all. I purchased two masks and spare parts. Saved a heap. The lanolin I use is Lasonil or cream for nursing mothers. I don't want to inhale anything that might be a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 271 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 345 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,186 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Online sleep physicians who use OSCAR ? stevelk9999 19 1,723 06-13-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market SaveItTilLater 23 1,806 03-17-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: SaveItTilLater

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.