Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone ever tried making their own mask?
Has anyone ever tried making their own mask?
I am new to using CPAP. I have the Dreamwear Nasal and Full face masks. I really like how the hose goes on top of the head, and I also like the soft silicone material the mask is made of. However, there are some design flaws, particularly in the mask size. I ned a physically wider mask - not just wider air holes, but the whole mask - the esdges of my mouth and my lower lip are too far apart for this particular mask.

I know it would be a substantial project, but I was thinking of trying to come up with a custom cushion. Has anyone tried creating their own masks before?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Has anyone ever tried making their own mask?
I have not done it. But it is an interesting idea. You could use a 3D printer, but those usually use rigid plastic. But you could make a mold with it.

There might also be opportunities to improve on headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone ever tried making their own mask?
No, I have never even considered trying to make my own mask. have found that masks are a very individual choice-a mask that one person likes may not do well for someone else. I would suggest looking at several different masks , then select one that works for you. I just don't believe that we individual patients have the know-how or resources to venture into mask making . The mask is an engineered medical device , and I for one, have no wish to attempt making one.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 4 303 04-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Last Post: pabmd
  CPAP making my eyes very puffy, drying my hair and skin, causing it to itch Thanos 5 360 04-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Making a date adjustment after international travel Zedoary 10 596 12-24-2018, 10:02 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Not sure if I'm making progress groggygirl 3 380 10-01-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Question My BiPAP making noises KimberlyF 5 772 09-03-2017, 03:18 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  AirCurve10 ST-A making clicking sound OldPolioLady 5 881 07-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Are leaks affecting my data and making it look better than it should be? cmckenna 3 648 06-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Last Post: cmckenna

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.