Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone had a power cut
RE: Has anyone had a power cut
(05-13-2015, 12:40 PM)Clay L Wrote: We lived full time in our motor home for 12 years staying in RV parks most of the time and had power outages from time to time. I usually woke up fairly quickly. I had an inverter and two large house batteries so I just started the inverter and went back to sleep.
Now that we are settled down and living in a house, at this point I don't have a good solution.

We are going to Greece in our Motorhome(RV) for two months, lets hope I can sort something. Will my Machine work in America do you know?

Thank you for your reply. Lynn
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just had a power failure. The power was off for a little over an hour, but at the time I did not know how long before it would resume. So I spent the night in my easy chair with no dammage done. My real advice would be to purchase a small diesel powered generator. Total you wattage use, then buy OVER WHAT YOU MAY NEED. You may later need an Ox2 concentrator and power it also. Why diesel? The engines last forever. Fuel is never a problem,(used cooking oil may be used in a pinch). RW
Post Reply Post Reply
You will have to check with your travel agent to find the answer to your question of whether your C-pap may work in Greece,some respiratory equipment have a easy way to change to 50 cycle from 60 cycle, and there are gimmicks that will do the same,does your RV float? How will you get to Greece with it? (curious) P.S. Your RV may not be compatible with Greece's current, nor will your power cord from the RV. Please keep me updated, you have my complete attention. RW
Post Reply Post Reply
Ships ship vehicles every day. Was around $1.5k/USD each to ship our cars to a Caribbean island and $1k for the return trip.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2015, 04:55 PM)Robert Wilson Wrote: You will have to check with your travel agent to find the answer to your question of whether your C-pap may work in Greece,some respiratory equipment have a easy way to change to 50 cycle from 60 cycle, and there are gimmicks that will do the same,does your RV float? How will you get to Greece with it? (curious) P.S. Your RV may not be compatible with Greece's current, nor will your power cord from the RV. Please keep me updated, you have my complete attention. RW

Hi Robert, I live in the Alps in France so drive down to Ancona in Italy, from here about 5 hours, then we go on the ferry, it takes about 23 hours and you can camp on board. Lynn
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 02:32 AM)Scared Wrote: Hi Robert, I live in the Alps in France so drive down to Ancona in Italy, from here about 5 hours, then we go on the ferry, it takes about 23 hours and you can camp on board. Lynn

OMG - that is like the ultimate redneck dream: campin' in a motorhome **ON** a boat.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 07:49 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 02:32 AM)Scared Wrote: Hi Robert, I live in the Alps in France so drive down to Ancona in Italy, from here about 5 hours, then we go on the ferry, it takes about 23 hours and you can camp on board. Lynn

OMG - that is like the ultimate redneck dream: campin' in a motorhome **ON** a boat.

OMMOHY

I think I just found my dream vacation!! Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 07:49 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: OMG - that is like the ultimate redneck dream: campin' in a motorhome **ON** a boat.

Not a motorhome... but certainly redneck...

[Image: 664721881_9dba2d878d_z.jpg?zz=1]
Post Reply Post Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za63ltkMGGE
CAMI Terra Wind Amphibious Motorcoach

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6dQQ15RghTWbkQyDWBnC...HntSqVG6NQ]
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2015, 01:55 PM)Scared Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 12:40 PM)Clay L Wrote: We lived full time in our motor home for 12 years staying in RV parks most of the time and had power outages from time to time. I usually woke up fairly quickly. I had an inverter and two large house batteries so I just started the inverter and went back to sleep.
Now that we are settled down and living in a house, at this point I don't have a good solution.

We are going to Greece in our Motorhome(RV) for two months, lets hope I can sort something. Will my Machine work in America do you know?

Thank you for your reply. Lynn

Take look at this site HERE .
It shows 240 vac at 50 hz with a two prong plug - round prongs.

You might want to check the info on your machines wall wart/power supply that plugs into the wall. Many are good for 120 vac to 240 vac and 50 to 60 Hz. If so an adapter for the plug would be all you would need.
I would think your biggest problem will be connecting your RV at RV parks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 107 4 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 171 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,893 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 249 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,734 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 427 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 1,033 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.