Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i
Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i
hi there!
So I'm just two weeks in to CPAP therapy, and I'm doing pretty well with pressure and getting use to the machine. The only thing bugging me is I continually get leaks/mask farts on the bottom edge of the mask. Well, and sometimes it feels like it's smashing my nose. 

I'm going to be trying the AirFit F30i next week at a mask sizing/fitting. 
I've heard that the F30i has more of a "curve" to fit the face, so maybe that will help? Also looks like the cushion is curved to cradle the nose better too (the Dreamwear cushion is flatter).
Just wondering if people here have switched from Dreamwear full face mask to F30i and what they think.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone switched from Dreamwear FF Mask to ResMed AirFit F30i
I used the Dreamwear for two years, and was very happy with it. It leaks a lot on me. I tried the F30 (with hose in front, not on top like the dreamwear) and find that the cushion is far more forgiving in fit. I really like the hose-on-top, so last year I tried the F30i. I couldn't make it work -- ResMed only makes one size of headgear, and it's humongous on me.

With the F30, I cut the back strap and lap it over and safety-pin it. The top strap on the F30 is adjustable, so I can snug that down. With the F30i, I can shorten the back strap, but the top has a huge gap, and the weight of the hose pulls it this way or that and it leaks like crazy.

The struggle is real...
Post Reply Post Reply
The head frame however comes in three sizes. For what it is worth, when I use(d) the F30i I could all but eliminate the leaks by switching to the Small Head frame. Mask/cushion size did not materially affect my leaks, your mileage may vary depending on individual anatomy.
Post Reply Post Reply
oh crap. if there's only one size of headgear for the ResMed AirFit, then it won't work. I have a tiny head.
[after reading another reply] YAY more sizes

you don't use it anymore? what do you use now?
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Dreamwear FFM and found it to be very flat across the front of the face. If one has a flat face, maybe that would work. If one has angles/curves in their face, the Dreamwear is not the right choice IMO.

The F30 worked much better for me -- but the P10 is much better than that. Once again, for me -- in my opinion. May not be for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,995 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,669 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 103 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,689 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,518 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,955 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,298 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.