Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone tried repairing a hole in a mask cushion?
Has anyone tried repairing a hole in a mask cushion?
While cleaning my mask, I noticed a hole in my mask cushion, where it touches my face. Is this worth trying to repair, or should I just replace it? I have spares, but I am cheap. I had noticed some increased mask leakage, but not enough to bother me. The hole is a slit that was about 1/8 inch long when I noticed it, but it grew to 1/4 inch long while cleaning it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone tried repairing a hole in a mask cushion?
Replace it. There's some things that you just can't be cheap with. If you have the spares, use them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I,m into DIY may be silicone sealer or super glue may help
By coincidence trying my Quattro last night and it leaked a lot but manged to fight it and get some sleep in the early hours of the morning, going out later to get a new cushion for a mask which never thought would be using again but its a necessity for now
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2012, 05:33 PM)zonk Wrote: I,m into DIY may be silicone sealer or super glue may help
By coincidence trying my Quattro last night and it leaked a lot but manged to fight it and get some sleep in the early hours of the morning, going out later to get a new cushion for a mask which never thought would be using again but its a necessity for now

Have you tried this? After posting, I was thinking about what would happen if I try a makeshift repair. I'm concerned that any patch or adhesive would end up in my nose or on my skin.

I'm disappointed that I only got 3 weeks out of it. I think I'll get a spare ready in case it's not usable tonight, and then order 2 more.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could be like my Dad, who says: Epoxy can solve 90% of life's problems. Happy Eyes

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought that was duct tape.

Super glue would probably break down the silicone of the mask. There's some stuff called Second Skin or something like that where you paint it over a wound.

If this only lasted 3 weeks either you are cleaning it incorrectly or it is defective. Contact the place you got it from and complain.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2012, 07:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I thought that was duct tape.

Duct tape solves the other 10% of life's problems. Grin
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2012, 07:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: You could be like my Dad, who says: Epoxy can solve 90% of life's problems. Happy Eyes

Yeah, I want to breathe epoxy fumes all night. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2012, 07:21 PM)big_dave Wrote: Yeah, I want to breathe epoxy fumes all night. Too-funny

Well, it would put you to sleep, for certain. Whistle
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2012, 07:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If this only lasted 3 weeks either you are cleaning it incorrectly or it is defective. Contact the place you got it from and complain.

Or possibly it wasn't new when I bought it (and the machine) from Craigslist. It looked new, but there was an old, stretched-out headgear attached to the mask. Also I believe the machine sat in a closet for several years before I got it. I bought it from a young, skinny guy who inherited it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  P10 modification advice - where are the hole pokers at? her.suit 5 425 01-15-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 383 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 1,984 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Surprised ResMed AirFit N30 Nasal Cushion & P10 pillows WW4B 1 729 08-15-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: cdplatt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.