Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone used a FlashAir card in a Resmed Aircurve 10 Asv
Has anyone used a FlashAir card in a Resmed Aircurve 10 Asv
Has anyone used a FlashAir card in a Resmed Aircurve 10 Asv ?
If so does the card show up on your computer so that you can connect to it to use with software Flash Air tool,Sleepmaster,Flashpap with out having to pop out and pop back in the card to activate it to show up on the wireless network?
I have done what i have described but no luck tested for 3 days multiple ways ap mode station mode and with the flashAir tool got all different modes to work correctly but only by poping out and in the card to activate power to the card reader
I also found the card to transfer files very very slow and maybe that is from my internet speed 7mbps ,but i don't think that has anything to do with the transfer rate .
I do wonder how resmed sends information to the card if the card reader is not always powered up (not sure i did not build the machine for the person that asked me this Question)

My machine works fine with both cards the one it came with and the FlashAir one i bought, Toshiba Flash Air III Wireless SD Memory Card 16GB (PFW016U-1CCW) but cannot retrieve data from it in a resmed aircurve 10 Asv without reactivating power manually to the card reader which defeats the purpose of not wearing out the card reader every time you want to look at your data!!

I also tried this card in my camera worked flawlessly not for me though transfer pictures to slow too!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone used a FlashAir card in a Resmed Aircurve 10 Asv
I am beginning to wounder if there has actually been any testing done with this machine or just a bunch of assumptions like the card is faulty or your machine is faulty or it should work it works with the airsense so it should work with the aircurve or its your internet or you did not configure the card right or !!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
All the software is done by unpaid volunteers. Sometimes folks help to provide more tests with specific machines, sometimes we just make some logical assumptions because we have no one coming forward to test stuff fully. The point being is that this is all user-based, volunteer software creation and testing. There is no budget to test everything with every machine, every time. It's all dependent upon volunteers to post their issues (if any) with the hardware and software.

As for hardware testing, we can't force people to test a FlashAir card with their AirCurve 10 ASV... they have to volunteer to do it, and then come here and let us know whether or not it worked. You did that, and I'm glad. Perhaps we need a bit more time for others to test it.

In the absence of real testing by folks with your machine, all we can do is offer possible suggestions, which is what happened in your other thread. It's not their fault that they don't have your machine - they're just trying to help as much as they can with limited information.

Hopefully others will post here who have done what you've done so we can see if this is a common problem or not.

Thanks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 01:14 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: All the software is done by unpaid volunteers. Sometimes folks help to provide more tests with specific machines, sometimes we just make some logical assumptions because we have no one coming forward to test stuff fully. The point being is that this is all user-based, volunteer software creation and testing. There is no budget to test everything with every machine, every time. It's all dependent upon volunteers to post their issues (if any) with the hardware and software.

As for hardware testing, we can't force people to test a FlashAir card with their AirCurve 10 ASV... they have to volunteer to do it, and then come here and let us know whether or not it worked. You did that, and I'm glad. Perhaps we need a bit more time for others to test it.

In the absence of real testing by folks with your machine, all we can do is offer possible suggestions, which is what happened in your other thread. It's not their fault that they don't have your machine - they're just trying to help as much as they can with limited information.

Hopefully others will post here who have done what you've done so we can see if this is a common problem or not.

Thanks.

Coffee

Thanks for responding i totally understand what you explained and knew that already i guess i was kind of waiting for some certain individual to explain the same thing instead of making all the assumptions that were made (there are many many people out there that are using an aircurve 10 asv and they are not having the problems that i am ,where are they to report there success hm) let bye gones be bye thanks again for stepping up shows this is a caring forum to belong too!!!Thanks

Still cannot explain what happened with the card but i was able to send it back until further testing happens bottom line is had no success with it

Would like to say thanks to all the different people out there taking time out of their life to produce freeware that helps out others!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The issue here with the FlashAir is it simply does not have a powerful transmitter. It has a tiny antenna which is nothing more than a trace on the circuit board. Its success depends greatly on how far away your CPAP machine is from your router. Most of us do not have a wifi router in our bedrooms. At least I don't. My router is behind my TV which does a pretty good job of wrecking the signal when the TV is on. My fault for having the router there.

Some day if you would like to have another go at it, this site explains all the options in the CONFIG file for flashair. Many options not set by default or have the wrong value for our needs.

https://www.flashair-developers.com/en/d...pi/config/

Specifically these tags are what you should be setting:
APPAUTOTIME=0 - connection time-out period. 0 disables timeout.
APPMODE=5 - sets station mode. I believe you already did this.
NOISE_CANCEL=0 - If your Wifi router is close enough, you do not need the value of 2.
STA_RETRY_CT=0 - number of connection retries in STA mode. (APPMODE=5). 0 means keep trying.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 05:50 PM)AlanE Wrote: The issue here with the FlashAir is it simply does not have a powerful transmitter. It has a tiny antenna which is nothing more than a trace on the circuit board. Its success depends greatly on how far away your CPAP machine is from your router. Most of us do not have a wifi router in our bedrooms. At least I don't. My router is behind my TV which does a pretty good job of wrecking the signal when the TV is on. My fault for having the router there.

Some day if you would like to have another go at it, this site explains all the options in the CONFIG file for flashair. Many options not set by default or have the wrong value for our needs.

https://www.flashair-developers.com/en/d...pi/config/

Specifically these tags are what you should be setting:
APPAUTOTIME=0 - connection time-out period. 0 disables timeout.
APPMODE=5 - sets station mode. I believe you already did this.
NOISE_CANCEL=0 - If your Wifi router is close enough, you do not need the value of 2.
STA_RETRY_CT=0 - number of connection retries in STA mode. (APPMODE=5). 0 means keep trying.

I think i mentioned that i spent 3 days of trying different configurations with this card (these values that you speak of too) it comes down to one simply problem, this card inserted in a aircurve 10 asv required my to pop it out and in and it would work as it should with its own software, sleepmaster, flashpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds like an issue with "APPAUTOTIME=0" This setting *should* prevent what you've described, but if it isnt working might not be a visible issue when using in a camera.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 02:26 AM)notsleep Wrote: Has anyone used a FlashAir card in a Resmed Aircurve 10 Asv ?
If so does the card show up on your computer so that you can connect to it to use with software Flash Air tool,Sleepmaster,Flashpap with out having to pop out and pop back in the card to activate it to show up on the wireless network?
I have done what i have described but no luck tested for 3 days multiple ways ap mode station mode and with the flashAir tool got all different modes to work correctly but only by poping out and in the card to activate power to the card reader
I also found the card to transfer files very very slow and maybe that is from my internet speed 7mbps ,but i don't think that has anything to do with the transfer rate .
I do wonder how resmed sends information to the card if the card reader is not always powered up (not sure i did not build the machine for the person that asked me this Question)

My machine works fine with both cards the one it came with and the FlashAir one i bought, Toshiba Flash Air III Wireless SD Memory Card 16GB (PFW016U-1CCW) but cannot retrieve data from it in a resmed aircurve 10 Asv without reactivating power manually to the card reader which defeats the purpose of not wearing out the card reader every time you want to look at your data!!

I also tried this card in my camera worked flawlessly not for me though transfer pictures to slow too!

Hi notsleep. I'm using the Toshiba card with a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. It works very nicely. Try reinstalling yours using the instruction set I posted here earlier and will repeat below. Others have had good success with them.

For us non-techies, Xpap Machine Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to SleepyHead --
I leave a FlashAir SD card in my xPAP machine and it wirelessly sends sleep data to my computer hard drive for input to SleepyHead software. The card no longer needs to be moved from xPAP machine to the computer. Here's a list of easy detailed instructions written mainly for those new to computers and less techie users. They are based largely on procedures from (Google searchable) TNET Sleep Apnea Information that I expanded upon or modified. Thanks go to Krelvin for getting me started and others for adding to my understanding. Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome by post or pm.

Setup: Wireless SD Card DataTransfer to SleepyHead Software (Rev. 1-2-16)

A. Preparing the new Wireless SD card
1. Install in your computer card reader a Toshiba FlashAir III W03 16GB Wireless SD Memory Card (PFW016U-1CCW) available from Amazon and eBay. If available, Toshiba FlashAir III W03 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card is good. Both are priced about $25.
2. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.
3. Go to and open Computer (My Computer), select the SD’s card drive and open it.
4. Open SD_WLAN, then open the CONFIG file using Notepad.
5. Change APPMODE value from 4 to 5 and change APPNETWORKKEY value from ******** to your LAN Network Security Key (a.k.a SSID Security Key/password a.k.a. your ISP Network Key) provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
6. Add the following line items to the column: APPNAME=FlashAir, APPSSID=NNNNN, LOCK=1, DNSMODE=1, APPAUTOTIME=0, UPLOAD=1, NOISE_CANCEL=2
7. Change APPSSID value from NNNNN to your home WiFi Network’s Name. Click File and Save. Click File again and Exit.
8. Click the C: drive, click “New folder,” rename it SLEEPDATA and close the page.
9. Safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card.
10. Insert the SD card in your xPAP machine. If a message appears, “Invalid SD card, erase SD card data? Yes/No?,” select Yes and press the enter button.
11. Open SleepyHead and click File, Preferences and Import tab. Note the “Ignore Short Sessions” Minutes on the right. Once your xPAP machine resets, put your mask on and operate your xPAP machine for at least the number of Short Sessions Minutes to record breathing test data.
12. Leave the FlashAir SD card in your xPAP machine from now on. If you inadvertently remove it or turn power off, you may need to reinitialize the card as discussed in Part E below.

B. Using FlashPAP to transfer data from xPAP/FlashAir SD to your computer/hard drive
1. Google JAVA to download and install Free JAVA software. Then Google Cognitial Flashpap to download and install FlashPAP. Drag and drop FlashPAP.jar to your desktop or otherwise create a desktop shortcut.
2. Open FlashPAP. Click […] next to “Profile/User Name,” click “New Profile,” type in “SLEEPDATA” and click OK. Use the down arrow and select your “xPAP Machine.” To automatically detect and fill in the card’s “IP Address,” click […] and select “Scan Network”. Then click “Scan network for FlashAir devices.” After the card is detected click “Use selected FlashAir.”
3. Click […] for “Destination Folder,” select the C: drive, select SLEEPDATA and click Save.
4. At bottom Click […] for “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software.” Click Desktop, scroll to and click the SleepyHead shortcut.
5. Click “Scan FlashAir SD card.” Today’s date appears in “Dates found on card” if you ran the xPAP breathing test in Step A11. Select the date and click “Copy xPAP data for selected date(s)”.
6. Click “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” and wait for SleepyHead to open automatically.

C. Using SleepyHead software
1. In SleepyHead, select user name. Click Import, Yes and Daily to see detailed graphs of the wirelessly transferred sleep data.
(If necessary, click Import, Specify, Computer and double-click OS ©. Scroll down to select SLEEPDATA and click Choose.)
2. If other data already exists in SleepyHead for today’s date and you want to see detailed graphs of your test data by itself, use the select/deselect feature in the lower left under Cpap Sessions.

BEGIN HERE FOR TYPICAL DAILY OPERATION

D. Daily Operation
1. Open FlashPAP and click Scan FlashAir SD card.
2. Select new Date(s) found on card and click Copy xPAP data for selected date(s).
3. Click Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software. Wait while SleepyHead opens.
4. Operate SleepyHead normally.

E. Reinitializing the FlashAir SD card if power is interrupted or the card is inadvertently removed
1. If power is turned off or if you remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP machine or there is a power loss, the card may need to be reinitialized. Google FlashAir II Config Utility to download, save, install and run the FlashAir Tool from Toshiba.
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to Initialize the card. When instructed, safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card (multiple times if prompted). When you see "Initialize succeeded,” click OK, leave the card in the card reader and close the FlashAirTool. Perform Part A steps above.

F. Restore “hidden files”
1. Return to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Don’t show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.

Notes:
1. Save your old SD card with its stored sleep data.
2. Save all of the above downloads in your Downloads folder for future ready access.
3. If you need to take an SD card in for your doc to review, transfer your sleep data to a standard SD card that came with your machine.
4. When/if you remove the card or if power to your xPAP machine is turned off or interrupted, the card will need to be reinitialized as covered in Part E.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the instructions on getting set up with the FlashAir and FlashPAP. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Despite configuring the FlashAir card using the Toshiba utility, or using FlashPAP, or hand editing the config file, it looks to me like the card simply cannot connect to my wireless network. If I watch the status pages on my router, I can see the card appear for a short while, but it never gets an IP address and then disappears until I remove and re-insert the card. This is with the card in my laptop which is only a few feet from the router.

I'll try again another day - I'm sure there's something basic that I'm missing.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can, post your config file from the SD_LAN folder on FlashAir. The APPNETWORKKEY value contains your wifi password and should be masked with asterisks. You can also blank out the APPSSID value since as long as that is correct, we won't need to look at it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 11 Bipap skcampbell2 4 211 03-09-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 661 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 333 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,124 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 607 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,251 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  Program a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HD Fry 9 691 12-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.