Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone used the Total Face mask with the Resmed Vpap Auto Adapt?
RE: Has anyone used the Total Face mask with the Resmed Vpap Auto Adapt?
Thank you for you support peter c. This is kind of a strange journey with these machines and so on.
The CSA is an odd diagnosis for me because I checked out fine one the heart and diabetes. I do get the Cheyne -Stokes breathing happening when I am stressed and too tired.

As my work life fell apart during this transition to a more self directed treatment plan I have enjoyed the relaxed life of the confused exhausted and unemployed. As I calmed down from the frustrated trying that was going on to no treatment at all I have over a period of several months started to sort out a way to slowly move towards a real treatment again out of pocket.

I still wake up with a scrambled brain but then after 8 hours more of not struggling just dozing off and waking up and eating and so on I have a few hours when the fog clears and I am able to use the time to figure this stuff out.

It is a financial disaster but it is working ... smiles ... what the hell, retirement will just have to wait a few more years while I pull out of this. I am just thankful I have had the resources to last to this point as I made one horrible decision after another and then realized stop man just stop, haul it out get a grip, move forward in small positive steps. ...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2014, 04:05 AM)goodonya Wrote: Thank you for you support peter c. This is kind of a strange journey with these machines and so on.
The CSA is an odd diagnosis for me because I checked out fine one the heart and diabetes. I do get the Cheyne -Stokes breathing happening when I am stressed and too tired.

As my work life fell apart during this transition to a more self directed treatment plan I have enjoyed the relaxed life of the confused exhausted and unemployed. As I calmed down from the frustrated trying that was going on to no treatment at all I have over a period of several months started to sort out a way to slowly move towards a real treatment again out of pocket.

I still wake up with a scrambled brain but then after 8 hours more of not struggling just dozing off and waking up and eating and so on I have a few hours when the fog clears and I am able to use the time to figure this stuff out.

It is a financial disaster but it is working ... smiles ... what the hell, retirement will just have to wait a few more years while I pull out of this. I am just thankful I have had the resources to last to this point as I made one horrible decision after another and then realized stop man just stop, haul it out get a grip, move forward in small positive steps. ...

concerns over finances could add stress and make your adjustment a little bit harder. stress can cause sleep issues. I would like to suggest that you think about taking all the help you are eligible for. That is what it is there for and I would rather see someone like you get that help so you can concentrate on getting yourself well enough to go back to work as you so obviously want to!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50, I try and see something like that working but it is a vision that does not come. I guess if I could see it then it would be different.
Thanks though. I appreciate the support and caring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Folks that do not have sleep apnea, or family with it, simply do not understand what it can do to your life.

I was actually functional as along haul truck driver (Million miler, with awards). I had without knowing it created methods to keep me awake (Pepsi habit for starters), and it wasn't until heart issues showed up that my severe OSA was found. The change my 'dream machine' made in my life was nothing short of amazing! I'm not saying it was easy, just that forcing myself to get used to the mask and constant rain-out (the bad old days) and dead truck batteries and on and on was for me worth the effort. Fast forward to today I do not even take a 30 minute nap without my mask.

I've taught myself that mask on = time to sleep and am usually out in 5-10 minutes of putting it on.

So, the point now is to get YOU to the same place! Because you issues are not as straight forward ass mine, you honestly need a good sleep doc to help guide you through this. For many people, centrals will decrease as they become used to the machine - that may or may not help you. There is much for you to do as well - lots of positive 'self-talk' honestly can help you adjust to your machine, same with stress as me50 referred too, it is what it is, and it sucks, but you can't change it until certain changes are successfully made - so why stress on it until then? Course, much easier to say than to do - but as a guy that suddenly is retired at age 51 on a fixed income (SURPRISE!) I can somewhat relate.

FYI - doesn't help, but in my beginning, I was on a non-data (no such thing 12+ years ago) brick at '17' with no ramp or any bells and whistles, and had to also teach myself not to mouth-breath (mostly successful) - and this went on for around 2yrs before my nose surgery. (HINT) at high pressures, forget the FFM - gotta go with a well-built nasal mask that you can strap on tightly for no leaks, then tape of glue your lips closed and tell yourself you will die if you breathe through your mouth! - that was my beginning...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Peter. I did come out of my mess okay with what is involved.
I could not improve on the course I was on and have no regrets about giving it up. I am reasonably concerned about dying in my sleep but I am able to peck along here and get things done. I have gotten my prescription sent out and should be able to order up a machine tomorrow.
The central/ complex apnea is a problematic thing. I use a full face mask but since the tooth extraction where the mask was pressing I will have to use the total face mask. My sleep study showed 80% oxygen and 85% of my apnea events were central.
You hang in there as well. It does not sound to me like you are having an easy time of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Easy time of what? Good days and bad days - pity this isn't the correct area to brag about, as I can win a lot of the time.

Life IS getting better slowly but surely - the whole two steps forward, one step back routine. But as I am one of those people that OSA could kill but didn't, I'm pleased to be a hosehead~!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.