Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has this happened to you?
RE: Has this happened to you?
(04-11-2014, 09:08 AM)wmjstu53 Wrote: Anyway, have any of you removed the mask without knowing it and woke up wondering what happened?
9. Unintentionally removing the CPAP device during the night
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_users

Machine: ResMed IPX1
IPX1 is not model name, model name printed next to on/off button

1) AutoSet - 2) Elite - 3) Escape Auto - 4) Escape
1 & 2 are data capable machines
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2014, 03:25 PM)natdenkin Wrote: In two months, I have awakened twice without my mask. Once it was a nasal pillow and once it was a full face mask. In both cases the CPAP shut down approximately 1/2 hour before I realized that the masks were off.
Hi natdenkin,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
As you are finding out, that's pretty common 'til you get used to it.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
As the poster child for CPAP, after a little over 2 months, night before last I knocked my mask off during the night.

CPAP has been INCREDIBLY easy for me, and there are likely 3 main reasons:

1) The great advice from the members of this forum and "the other forum"
2) Wonderful good luck
3) Determination to do everything possible to make this work

Of course, even though it even happened to me, the luck and the other factors conspired so that within 22 minutes woke enough to shove the thing back on and go back to sleep. Smile

Still charmed....

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2014, 08:42 PM)herbm Wrote: 1) The great advice from the members of this forum and "the other forum"
2) Wonderful good luck
3) Determination to do everything possible to make this work

I haven't yet removed my mask in my sleep but it doesn't mean I won't in the near or far future. I'm new to the therapy but so far so good.

Herbm you mention another forum mind I ask what other forum you use? This is my third day on the forum & to be honest with you I'm enjoying the feedback n support I've been receiving. It's nice to know there are others who know what ur going through.
Post Reply Post Reply
PM sent.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of times after bathroom breaks in the dark (pretending that my sleep is uninterrupted), I have returned to bed without replacing my mask. Both times, I soon realized that something was wrong and remembered "oh yeah, I'm supposed to wear a mask", put it on and PAPed on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I don't know what's worse. Several times, fully awake, i took my mask and threw it on the floor and called it some really bad names.

Oh, that reminds me, once i did have a dream that i was eating giant marshmallows. I woke up and my pillow was gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started treatment, I did this every night for a week, maybe closer to two.

I still occasionally do this (like the night before last). If I wake up in the middle of the night and have it off, I make myself put it back on.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2014, 09:52 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I don't know what's worse. Several times, fully awake, i took my mask and threw it on the floor and called it some really bad names.

Oh, that reminds me, once i did have a dream that i was eating giant marshmallows. I woke up and my pillow was gone.

You ate your pillow?
Post Reply Post Reply
JIM.....i hope you know i was joking. Yes it's a silly OLD joke but was the perfect opening for it. I have a wicked sense of humor.....so my wife tells me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened? highlandwarlord 10 858 06-29-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: highlandwarlord
  What happened to me here? CA's back to back livsmonster 0 357 04-24-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: livsmonster
  What Happened at 3 a.m.? dhamments 9 927 08-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dhamments
  first night taped. what happened? rogerncormier74 5 765 04-13-2022, 07:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Symptoms] What happened between 04:40 - 05:00 ? edgnoj 10 1,298 01-20-2022, 05:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  What Happened? "Plots Disabled" clownbell 5 776 11-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  what happened to me at 2 am? eekamouse 10 1,182 09-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Last Post: eekamouse

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.