Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Initial sleep study results - Doc thinks I may be dead...
RE: Initial sleep study results - Doc thinks I may be dead...
(04-10-2015, 09:34 AM)wp6529 Wrote: First night on the S9 AutoSet, 7h 53m and 8.1 AHI. Not bad and certainly a huge improvment over 91 AHI.

Good job WP. Now it's time to download & install Sleepyhead so you can see what is making up that 8.1 AHI. How many OA vs CA vs Hypop's.

If I was prone to guessing, which I am, I would guess that your CA's are quite a bit of that 8.1. That's actually good news, because I expect you will see them calming down all by themselves as you cute little brain things get used to the "new you."

So that being the case, tomorrow morning you may be below that arbitrary and somewhat capricious mark of 5.0 AHI. Which would be fantastic.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using ResScan so I have all the data there I just haven't had time to dig through it yet
Post Reply Post Reply
A week in and I seem to be doing well, AHIs in the mid single digit range and mostly uninterrupted 7+hr nights. After a few nights I ditched the ramp, a couple more and I increased the min from 6 to 8. I'm not getting any sort of high energy thing, but the chronic fatigue and low level headache seem to be gone and I'm able to get a lot more done each day. Progress I think..
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey WP, good to hear from you. Yes, it sounds like you're off to a very good start. How about update your sidebar with your machine type, mask type, and all that so we can help you better?

You do need to download the Sleepyhead software and begin reviewing your actual results if you are not doing that yet. With a better idea as to what kind and how many apnea events you are experiencing, and what pressures you are using we may be able to suggest things that will help you on your journey.

But a nice turnaround from where you were!

Good job...
Post Reply Post Reply
Two and a half weeks in and I'm still doing well. I only had one night where I got a couple hours in then woke up with severe congestion and gave up for the rest of the night. That was after a long day of clearing brush and mowing so presumably some grass allergy kicking in.

The chronic fatigue and low level headache are gone, and I'm finally able to get some exercise and will eventually get back in better shape. A weekend prior to getting the APAP I worked all day trimming trees and clearing brush and at the end I could barely stay awake, the following weekend after the APAP I was physically tired but still wide awake after similar work.

Another thing I've noticed is I need less sleep. When I started the APAP the first night was just shy of eight hours, since then six and a half has become the norm so I've gained an hour and a half of useable time each and every day which is pretty dang significant.

Progress...
Post Reply Post Reply
You're doing great wp, thanks for coming back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats WP! All that fresh air is bound to help you too! Keep up the therapy and let us know how you do!
PS. You can always come up here to do clearing...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.