Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have You Ever Done This?
Have You Ever Done This?
A couple of times, after getting 7 to 8 hrs sleep, removing the mask and intending to start the day, I was very very tired. So I'd go back to bed for an hour or two sans machine. I enjoy it because I can then sleep in my FAVORITE, most comfy positions that I can never do with the mask on. like
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Have You Ever Done This?
Yes, since retirement I tend to do this a lot. The problem for me is that side-sleeping (my most comfortable position) always leads to lower back / hip pain. So I pay dearly for an hour or so of pleasure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes. Especially when I'm really annoyed with the mask.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 07:59 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, since retirement I tend to do this a lot. The problem for me is that side-sleeping (my most comfortable position) always leads to lower back / hip pain. So I pay dearly for an hour or so of pleasure.

I too am a side sleeper, and suffer lower back pain (bulging disc that got damaged when I was 17 years old)

I sleep on one side with my upper leg forward and the knee resting on a cushion.. then when I roll to my other side I assume the mirror position of what I had just rolled over from.

Supporting the upper leg/knee takes the pressure off the disc and reduces the pain substantially.

You could try a cushion, but a pillow and a rolled up towel both work too.. as I have found when sleeping in motel rooms at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 05:35 AM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 07:59 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, since retirement I tend to do this a lot. The problem for me is that side-sleeping (my most comfortable position) always leads to lower back / hip pain. So I pay dearly for an hour or so of pleasure.

I too am a side sleeper, and suffer lower back pain (bulging disc that got damaged when I was 17 years old)

I sleep on one side with my upper leg forward and the knee resting on a cushion.. then when I roll to my other side I assume the mirror position of what I had just rolled over from.

Supporting the upper leg/knee takes the pressure off the disc and reduces the pain substantially.

You could try a cushion, but a pillow and a rolled up towel both work too.. as I have found when sleeping in motel rooms at times.

When sleeping at home I find my wife's warm body fills this need much better than a rolled up towel. Big Grin
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those naps may not be all that good an idea . Or it could be the poor health was leading to the long daytime naps.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/04/2...one-third/
Post Reply Post Reply
I do. But sometimes pay for it the next night, by not being able to sleep well. A solid sleep plus sleeping in seems to give me a credit that my body takes back the next night. So I average around 6.5-7 hours per night, plus a power nap during the day. And that is all I can do if I want a decent sleep the next night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do take a nap after lunch once a while and not busy to keep me awake. But I ALWAYS use the machine. I just can't sleep without it. Feel like choking when sleeping without using the machine. I think I need a backup machine just in case this one is broken down.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.