Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have a sleep study with titration scheduled. What questions to ask?
Have a sleep study with titration scheduled. What questions to ask?
Folks, have a sleep study with titration coming up.
Also have a pre-study conference in a couple of weeks before the actual sleep study.

The reason I am doing another overnight test is because I and my doctor do not feel I am getting the full benefit of CPAP.
All the numbers and data look almost ideal, but I wake up exhausted... yawning as soon as I awake.

I "feel" as if I am sleeping all night.  I do wake almost at least once for a pee break, maybe twice.
I am dreaming every night.  This is a constant and most times I wake up remembering them.

I do not have the same energy as little as a few years ago.  I know that i cannot turn back the clock, but I feel that my CPAP therapy could be dialed in better.

Other than the normal question that I will have, are there others that I should ask?
Are there some out of the ordinary things of which I should be aware to bring up?

Any comments and advice are appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Have a sleep study with titration scheduled. What questions to ask?
What does current OSCAR show? Any trends? You're still high altitude I think, so any SpO2 or Central issues regarding that? Are they testing at your altitude?

As normally suggested, you might get docs take but you maybe need to stop PAP therapy before the study to get better, realistic results. And get you full copy of results.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, thanks for the reply...

I do not have an oscar data... seems I cannot get it to work on my end. But downloaded data from my DME as sent to the doctor is unremarkable. I will be doing the same when I go to the pre-consult meeting (as per their request.) I will also be bringing my machine in as well.

Yes, I will be testing at altitude as it has a very real affect on sleep in general for folks up here... less oxygen (even though I have a concentrator) and saturation levels are generally not less than 92%.

No one has mention to cease PAP for a period befor ethe actual test but I will ask that on the pre-conference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe stopping PAP isn't important, but I'm not certain. I myself was never told to stop before a test.

Keep us updated.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.