Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached
Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached
Hi,

I have a little over a month on the machine and have attached a copy of my stats from Sleepyhead app. I have an apt with my sleep doc on Thursday of this week. Do you have any suggested topics/questions for me to discuss with my doc or do these stats show I am doing ok with the settings I have? Machine details are on the attached image.

Many thanks,
sleepyinFL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached
I am not very familiar with the VAuto, but your general stats look very good. The question to ask yourself is, "How am I feeling?" Are you still tired and sleepy in the daytime? Do you wake up often at night? Is there anything about your therapy that you think could be improved? If you sleep well, and feel alert and full of energy in the daytime, then all seems well. If not, push your doc to look at issues beyond AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepyinFL,

I agree. Your numbers do look good. As chill says the question now is about how you feel.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Nearly all my symptoms have resolved. Before my evaluation I had severe daytime sleepiness, nightly acid reflux, borderline hypertension, and the snoring was driving my wife insane. My sleep study results were a AHI of 103.1.
I just left my sleep doc's office for my 30 day follow-up. My blood pressure is down 15 points. I haven't had a single case of night time relflux and my daytime tiredness is improved significantly. No more dosing off at work!! My wife told me the other day she is been sleeping much better too. I have to say, I wish I would have gone in earlier.
Doc changed the settings to 12/8 bipap to resolve the only issue i was having with the auto bipap therapy causing the pressure to spike, waking me up. This seemed to happen in the last hour or so of sleep and was annoying. I was just turning the unit off and back on to get things back to normal. Hopefully, this change in the settings will resolve this issue. Doc believes the settings he has set now will allow me to give the nasal pillows a try too. I have to wait another 2 months before my insurance will pay for a new mask.
All in all, I feel great!!
Post Reply Post Reply
"AHI of 103.1" -- Impressive! Grin

It is great to hear from someone who is really helped by this! Congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally I'd say tighten up the ranges, especially the low ends, but you're numbers are pretty good so I can't complain lol :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great. Your current settings are 6/18 with 4.0 PS. It's pretty clear you don't spend much time at the lower pressure settings, but doesn't seem to be a problem. Your doctor is mainly concerned that the treatment is effective and you are benefiting from the treatment. I think the answer is clear for both questions. Well done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 155 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 154 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 931 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 90 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,042 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.