Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have my data, finally! Help me!
Have my data, finally! Help me!
I am finally able to retrieve my data from the SD card. 87% days used of >/= 4 hours. Yea, I'm compliant, BCBS will be happy. AHI 0.7, good again. Median leak was 6.0, 95% was 13.8. Both good. Max is 94.8! WTH??!!! How can this be? I only have 10 out of 40 nights where the max is 24 or less. Does taking the mask off with the "motor running" cause the max to be this this high? Is the max something I need to worry about? I have woke up a few nights to find the mask on the nightstand. But 30 nights the max is off scale.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Have my data, finally! Help me!
Yes, when you leave the motor running, the machine sees this as a leak.

The max is not a cumalative, but a single reading that was that high. With the median leak of 6, I'd bet that 94.8 was a rare bird, not something bigger.

What software are you using to view it? Look at the leak graph. How often does it go above 24?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Paula! I'm using ResScan software. The leak graph is above 24 on 30 out of my first 40 nights. I'm happy to know the high max may be caused by a single reading. Would turning the instrument off before removing the mask make a difference?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh heck yeah. Your AHI is skewed due to the high leaks. But if the leaks only occur when you take the mask off, they shouldn't be.

Just hit the off button, do your business, hit it again and go back to sleep.

There's also the Auto Start (or is it Smart Start?) feature. The machine detects when you take off the mask and it turns itself off then detects when you start breathing into the mask again and turns itself back on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2013, 09:21 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: The leak graph is above 24 on 30 out of my first 40 nights. I'm happy to know the high max may be caused by a single reading. Would turning the instrument off before removing the mask make a difference?

Yes, you would need to put the mask on before turning the machine on, and would have to turn the machine off before taking the mask off.

Or, if you want to use the SmartStart feature, you would need to look at the detailed data (the time plots) using ResScan software, to see what the max Leak was when the mask was on, and would need to ignore the times when you knew the mask was not on.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,034 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 528 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  QAL finally got an AirSense 10, completely new but smells like bubblegum. quiescence at last 0 440 04-23-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Finally getting used to CPAP but still waking up alot Tcp84 3 668 03-17-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Finally got my replacement cpap, what do I need to know ruthcatrin 2 590 02-02-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ruthcatrin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.