Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have you ever been to a "Titration Study"?
RE: Have you ever been to a "Titration Study"?
(12-07-2021, 09:00 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I would at least disagree that the ST is more sophisticated than the ASV. ST has static EPAP and IPAP as I recall, so by extension static PS. And I also think the ST is rather akin to an old square wave machine. The ASV I used had both EPAP and PS ranges. It isn't a square wave action like the ST, or at least not what I'd call old square waves.

Anyway, have a wonderful evening. Coffee

My bad.
I was thinking of Dreams station "Average Volume Assured Pressure Support (AVAPS)" . Awesome machine. Closer to a ventilator than a PAP machine but pricey.
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries. That sounds more like a machine like a ResMed ST-A or actual ventilator class like Stellar or Astral. Philips has the Trilogy vent and probably others.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah the AVAPS is similar/equivalent to ST-A IVAPS, it is not a ventilator.

I don't know that I have seen anyone on here that uses one and have wondered how the nitty gritty details compare to Resmed IVAPS. Sleep tech that did my titration said that it is a pretty capable machine but didn't know how it compares to the Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW not having had time on Philips AVAPS but a ResMed ST-A iVAPS, I'm impressed for some reason to think differences would be somewhat parallel to a ResMed ASV vs. Philips SV Auto, the breath targets would likely vary according to their respective manufacturer's proprietary goals. My time on both ASV and ST-A iVAPS felt similar excepting timing and that ST-A is a static EPAP.

I've had zero time on a ventilator.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.