Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have you had second sleep study for titration
Have you had second sleep study for titration
Hi.  
I went for my second study. I have been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea about month ago and my dOctor   gave me a prescription for he preassure . I purchased the machine  from a vendor and he adjusted he pressure as per doctor . I brought my mask to the second sleep study. I did not  have quality sleep or sleep well at all but I was told I did sleep for hem to have some data . I kept waking up a lot  My question is how do he techs know how to titrate  during your sleep study. Does the computer guide them . Also where your numbers for your pressure changed after this study . 
What has been your experience
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Have you had second sleep study for titration
My titration study used a CPAP that is completely remote controlled at the observation center.  The unit can mimic any type of CPAP.  The sleep tech monitored EEG, vitals and visual observations as he changed parameters throughout the night.   I really was lucky, the sleep tech is a CPAP user and detailed every step of both the sleep and titration studies.   I didn't realize how good I had it until I started coming to this forum.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us here arrived at our settings by downloading the data from the SD card into Sleepyhead software on our computer and then uploading the images here for advice (yes that's a c, I'm Canadian!) by the many fine experienced folks here. I received way better advice here than from either my doctor or my DME supplier. I guess you could call us "self titrated" for the most part since the settings prescribed usually doesn't cut it. There is a wealth of knowledge here available for you.

My advice to you is to follow the instructions below in my signature on downloading, installing and arranging your charts in Sleepyhead. I can guarantee you'll be glad you did.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2017, 04:47 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: My titration study used a CPAP that is completely remote controlled at the observation center.  The unit can mimic any type of CPAP.  The sleep tech monitored EEG, vitals and visual observations as he changed parameters throughout the night.   I really was lucky, the sleep tech is a CPAP user and detailed every step of both the sleep and titration studies.   I didn't realize how good I had it until I started coming to this forum.
Hi

I think that is similar to what they did however only my sleep doctor can tell me the results was this your second study and did your numbers change after the study
Post Reply Post Reply
I misunderstood you. I only had one titration study. I thought you meant having a sleep study to determine if sleep apnea existed then a titration study to determine the best pressure. The tech did inform me as to the best pressure the following morning. It proved to a very good starting point but I refined it with help from this forum.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2017, 05:25 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I misunderstood you. I only had one titration study.  I thought you meant having a sleep study to determine if sleep apnea existed then a titration study to determine the best pressure.   The tech did inform me as to the best pressure the following morning.   It proved to a very good starting point but I refined it with help from this forum.

Yes I had one study to determine if I had sleep apnea and then second titration tondyermkne best pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2017, 07:21 PM)Novello1234 Wrote: .  .  . second titration tondyermkne best pressure.

Is that a Canadian term?   Huh
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Novello1234,
I was titrated at a pressure of 10. This seems to be what I need to keep the apnea events low, even after 2.5 years. When I sleep on my back, my pressure needs go up to 11.5 or 12.

Be sure you get an Auto Cpap, so whatever your needs are for the night, an Apap will take care of it.

My AHI stays under 1.0, with an occasional 0.0.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2017, 07:50 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Novello1234,
I was titrated at a pressure of 10.  This seems to be what I need to keep the apnea events low, even after 2.5 years.  When I sleep on my back, my pressure needs go up to 11.5 or 12.

Be sure you get an Auto Cpap, so whatever your needs are for the night, an Apap will take care of it.

My AHI stays under 1.0, with an occasional 0.0.

Thank you opal. I have the resmed for her  and my prescription was for 5 to 7 when I had first study but this was without coap machine. Last night with the cpap and I was told to ligh on my back. I know my apneas are bad on my back as the first study. So now makes sense to get the best measure for the pressure is on the back.  Maybe I will wait until I see my results with my doctor  to lying on my back. My pressure is now starts at 5 and then goes to 7.  I know last night I did not have a good sleep and felt I did a lot of tossing and at times I felt like I had those episodes where I needed more air probably when they were adjusting pressure. I will find out results with my sleep doctor.  I know they were also measuring my oxygen    Thank you for your response I learn a lot from this  group / board
Post Reply Post Reply
I had pretty much the same titration study. Basically, they start the pressure low and keep raising it to see how low they can get the AHI while not inducing central apnea. I was titrated to 10, and at 12 started having increasing hypopneas which I assume were the starting of centrals. SO my prescribed pressure was 10. I usually run at 10.8 after tweaking things on my own.

Good Luck, Good Sleeps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 241 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.