Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have you heeded the FBI's Warning? [NOTE FROM ADMIN: VIRUS ALERT JULY 9TH, 2012]
Good advice Paula. I have a Mac but I ran the virus check anyway. Came up GREEN!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This family of viruses can infect Macs.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2012, 11:19 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: This family of viruses can infect Macs.

Hmm... since new Macs operate on OSX, which is kind of a Unix/Linux derivation, I wonder if this could infect Linux PCs?

Anyway, thanks for the great info in that post, Paula... good stuff.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

How do you know its not the FBI searching for something else in your computer Unsure Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Pft. They haven't enough people to do what they need to do without adding onto poking through every Joe and Jane Public's personal computer.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2012, 03:46 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-22-2012, 11:19 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: This family of viruses can infect Macs.

Hmm... since new Macs operate on OSX, which is kind of a Unix/Linux derivation, I wonder if this could infect Linux PCs?

Anyway, thanks for the great info in that post, Paula... good stuff.

Smile

any computer or o/s is susceptible to virus. it's just that most virus writers write them for windows because more people use windows. its not that the other comuter or o/s are immune. as more people are getting mac you're seeing them writing virii for mac. so as more people use linux, they will write for that too, if they haven't already.
Post Reply Post Reply

Bump2

[Image: warning.gif]

Bumping this thread to the top of the page....

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

Have you checked your computer to see if you have this virus? If you do, you will LOSE ALL INTERNET at 12 midnight, TONIGHT.

[Image: warning.gif]

SuperSleeper Wrote:Added by SuperSleeper:

Here's a link to the official FBI site to check for this virus:

https://forms.fbi.gov/check-to-see-if-yo...-rogue-DNS
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Still came up GREEN!!!!

Thanks for Bumping this.
Post Reply Post Reply
THOUSANDS of Australian internet users are expected to be knocked offline on Monday when the impact of a virus released a year ago will be felt.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australi...6418488512

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-21-2012, 07:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Meanwhile, they are just now starting the arrests and charges against the idiots who started it.

So I'm thinking they had to take down those two servers to prove the infection and reinforce their case by allowing the infection to surface. What? Oh, you mean our government wouldn't do that? hehe! Yeah, okay!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doesn't everyone have a 4th of July? AlanE 6 834 07-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  December 21, 2012 archangle 4 876 12-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Last Post: me50
  [News] Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered ApneaNews 3 907 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
Question Medical Alert Bracelet with Link to Medical History/Info MAPnea 12 3,393 02-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
  WARNING VIRUS IN APP DOWNLOAD [Admin: likely not a virus, just lousy programming] worthog 8 3,935 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation Godaddy sites all DOWN... DNS issues [Sept 10, 2012] SuperSleeper 12 4,742 10-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Duckdog58
  I have a warning percent spot kitley 6 2,656 08-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Last Post: lonnieb