Have you heeded the FBI's Warning? [NOTE FROM ADMIN: VIRUS ALERT JULY 9TH, 2012]
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: Have you heeded the FBI's Warning? [NOTE FROM ADMIN: VIRUS ALERT JULY 9TH]
(07-09-2012 06:34 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  Can you imagine anyone living in a cave who was still using a TV antenna in 2009 when the feds shut down analog broadcasts and ordered everyone to go digital?

I was, at least for our TV in the bedroom. Thinking-about

Signed,

SuperSleeper the Caveman Bigwink

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-09-2012 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(07-09-2012 07:33 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  SuperSleeper the Caveman Bigwink
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...eman_1.jpg
07-09-2012 07:48 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

(07-09-2012 06:34 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  Yeah. Or like the shutting off of analog broadcast TV.

Can you imagine anyone living in a cave who was still using a TV antenna in 2009 when the feds shut down analog broadcasts and ordered everyone to go digital?

Or about 70% of everyone in this area (and many other rural areas) where cable companies still do not go and satellite dishes are too expensive or blocked by mountains.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-09-2012 09:42 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

So SS, and 70% of the people in western NC, were taken by surprise that day, and wondered why their TV reception disappeared! They not only were still using analog TV's, but they also hadn't heard about, or taken advantage of, the government coupons for the set-top digital converter boxes!?

Now that's living in a cave! Dielaughing

Okay, okay. Before you start flaming me, let me tell you that I was just kidding!

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 10:45 AM by Sleepster.)
07-10-2012 10:43 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(07-10-2012 10:43 AM)Sleepster Wrote:  So SS, and 70% of the people in western NC, were taken by surprise that day, and wondered why their TV reception disappeared! .

Here in NW Indiana, we actually still have 2 channels broadcasting in analog... unfortunately, they're nothing but 24/7 infomercials. Too-funny

We don't have cable or satellite... (too expensive, and it's basically a time-waster I think). Still using the same old TV antenna I've had since 1993. Get something like 40-50 digital channels over the airwaves... (we're close to Chicago) ... still using my digital converter boxes on both the living room and bedroom TVs... and both are the old fashioned tube type TVs that were purchased in the early 90's. While we don't have cable, I admit we do spend $7.99/month on a Netflix subscription.

Also supplement our heating supply with a wood burning stove and we have a garden and a small solar panel system we use for basic lighting. I get free firewood all the time around here when storms come through and trees go down. I cut and split it by hand, myself, using my chainsaw, axe/splitter, mall & a couple of wedges. Our backyard currently has about 4 cords of wood, split and seasoned and ready for the winter. My lawn mower is a two-cycle Lawn Boy from the early 1980's I think. Bought that at a yard sale for $25 - works great. We don't purchase anything new if we can get a reasonably good quality item used for 1/5th the cost. We shop in thrift stores (resale shops), yard sales and estate sales all the time for clothing, books, old VCR movies and household items if needed.

My wife is also a "Coupon Queen" and we seldom spend anything more than 50% retail for new personal items. Several times, she'll go off on a coupon spree and come back with literally $200 worth of items that she purchased for something like $6.89. It's freaky. Many times she'll buy so much of something that we'll keep those in our basement, and every year we have a yard sale where we sell off excess inventory of everything from toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, razors, and a host of other items. - all new in the box. Some items are kept for Christmas, birthday and wedding gifts, too. In last year's yard sale, we made about $1500 net, mostly from coupon purchases And we generally go "couponing" when we're out and about doing other things, and most of the stores are on the way anyway, so the only thing we're spending is a small amount of pocket money and some of our time.

Heck, even our dog came from the local animal shelter. Too-funny

We're cheap, what can I say. Coffee

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-10-2012 11:28 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

(07-10-2012 10:43 AM)Sleepster Wrote:  So SS, and 70% of the people in western NC, were taken by surprise that day, and wondered why their TV reception disappeared! They not only were still using analog TV's, but they also hadn't heard about, or taken advantage of, the government coupons for the set-top digital converter boxes!?

Now that's living in a cave! Dielaughing

Okay, okay. Before you start flaming me, let me tell you that I was just kidding!

Speaking of living in a cave,

[Image: bat-cave-sign.jpg]

07-10-2012 12:27 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

There were never enough coupons, never enough of the boxes on hand, and folks really did not believe they would need them. It probably was not until they tried to watch the Andy Griffith show that they realized the govmint was serious!

And yeah, I hoped you were kidding. But we do have Bat Cave nearby!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-10-2012 12:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

LOL We were posting the same thing at the same time!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-10-2012 12:30 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Moved this thread to the Off-Topic forum, since the event is now past... and the thread itself is getting off-topic. Too-funny

SHa_biggrin5

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-10-2012 12:52 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

(07-10-2012 12:29 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  There were never enough coupons, never enough of the boxes on hand, and folks really did not believe they would need them. It probably was not until they tried to watch the Andy Griffith show that they realized the govmint was serious!

And yeah, I hoped you were kidding. But we do have Bat Cave nearby!

Passed by it many times between Asheville and Spartanburg off of I-26.

07-10-2012 04:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Doesn't everyone have a 4th of July? AlanE 6 680 07-05-2015 08:42 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  December 21, 2012 archangle 4 719 12-21-2014 12:34 PM
Last Post: me50
  [News] Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered ApneaNews 3 782 11-10-2014 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
Question Medical Alert Bracelet with Link to Medical History/Info MAPnea 12 2,955 02-26-2014 09:53 AM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
  WARNING VIRUS IN APP DOWNLOAD [Admin: likely not a virus, just lousy programming] worthog 8 3,712 11-19-2012 12:54 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation Godaddy sites all DOWN... DNS issues [Sept 10, 2012] SuperSleeper 12 4,477 10-05-2012 07:44 AM
Last Post: Duckdog58
  I have a warning percent spot kitley 6 2,484 08-26-2012 02:40 PM
Last Post: lonnieb