Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have you tried somnoplasty?
(03-15-2015, 01:16 PM)remltr Wrote: Have you tried somnoplasty?

Nope.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
About ten years ago, I had a series of soft palate RF treatments and a small reduction of uvula. Cost me about $5K. No results at all. My complaint at that time was snoring, with apnea reduction a bonus. Bottom line -- no help at all. Treatment was not very painful -- just a fairly bad sore throat for a couple of days. Worst problem was that your throat swells up and you can't breathe very well for a couple of days, and you can't sleep much at all. You can deal with it for two nights, but if it extends into a third sleepless night, it can get pretty scary
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2015, 01:16 PM)remltr Wrote: I am getting frustrated. I have tried a great deal of the mask designs available and I dislike, I guess like most humans, having anything on my face that wouldn't normally be there.

I am considering visiting a doctor that performs somnoplasty to see what, if any effect, it could have on my apnea.

I am wondering if anyone here has done it. I assume if you are still here then maybe it didn't work so well. Grin

If someone can give me some feedback on your results I would be appreciative.

Yes, I've had it, if you mean having the Uvala laser treatment. It was very painful, but more importantly did not cure my OSA. Unfortunately, that's a common experience as the success rate for this operation is only one in three. I also still experience some side effects of that treatment and also have to take care when I swallow. It's not the magic bullet that you're hoping for.

I now have a CPAP machine, which is very successful - & is the treatment I should have been given in the first place. It's not called the gold standard for OSA for nothing.

Post Reply Post Reply